• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/...nt-because-he-had-service-weapon/51-514142825

Apparently Outback Steakhouse has a no gun policy. A Tennessee restaurant asked an on duty wildlife resources officer to leave because some snowflake felt threatened by him sitting there with his gun.

A shame because I do like Outback, have never had a bad meal there and fair prices. But no matter, they lost me now and hopefully lot's more people too. Let them go back to Australia if they want to be gun free!

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Buffalo Wild Wings in Pensacola did same thing to S.O. personnel a few months ago. Didn't make news. I bet this is happening all over and not making news. People are idiots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I was not aware of the policy when I carried while eating at one in Pensacola a year or so ago. I can't say I'm sorry to have violated their policy, but if this is the case, It's unlikely that I'll give them any more of my money.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait, what? You aren't allowed to carry there? Who knew?

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been to outback at least 20 times or more. Mainly in Pensacola but at others also. Carrying every time, never knew of their policy and never saw a sign on door, guess I really didn't look too good.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great to know.
    My wife and I will go in for supper. Order a huge meal. When they bring it out and set it on the table. I will immediately ask to see the manager. I will ask him about the anti gun policy. If he confirms "no guns",my wife and I will promptly get up and walk out after a "sincere" apology. --- SAWMAN

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Great to know.
    My wife and I will go in for supper. Order a huge meal. When they bring it out and set it on the table. I will immediately ask to see the manager. I will ask him about the anti gun policy. If he confirms "no guns",my wife and I will promptly get up and walk out after a "sincere" apology. --- SAWMAN

I like it - recommend the lobster with filet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great to know.

I heard one time that some restaurants have a policy that in the event of a customer not paying for their meal it fell on the server. Not sure if it is accurate or not but if anyone know anyone working at Outback please let us know. I would hate for a server to get stuck with a bill because one of us walked out on it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I understand what your saying,and yep,would hate to see the server get stuck with it.
    HOWEVER - - -> The way I look at it is like this. ESPECIALLY if a huge sign is not plainly/obviously posted at the entrance . . . I did not eat the meal,I want to stay,eat it,and surely pay for it . . . NOW . . . are you gonna ask me to leave ??? If so,I will not pay for the meal anyway. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if I were the officer, I would be sorely tempted, to get to-go container, go to the car & wait for the snowflake to come out, wait til they leave, pull them over, and run them thru the legal wringer, check everything....

write tickets or arrest, whichever is warranted, I bet they have something wrong or illegal on them

give them something to bitch about, they will probably take off, then call the strike fighters in..

the hell with outback...jimmys in Molino has a killer 16 oz ribeye, two sides, good service, for $25, I get two meals from it...keeps money local too...

all those chains can suck toecheese..

Last edited:

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find this hard to believe but while folks bend over backwards and trample on rights of many to satisfy the few...I reckon. I have never experienced this but ifin I was in uniform and experienced it, I would get the names of those requesting a "Free armed guard" to leave an establishment because some idiot was offended by my presence. I would go out to my cruiser and spend the rest of the day contacting every local news agency in the area...

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not that I expect it to do any good but I sent the following letter to outback corporate headquarters:

To Whom it May Concern;

I read an article that claims an on duty uniformed Wildlife Resource Officer was asked to leave an outback restaurant because he was carrying his duty weapon. Article can be seen here:

http://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/...nt-because-he-had-service-weapon/51-514142825

Do you not realize that having an armed law enforcement officer in the building helps provide safety to all customers and employees? Do you not realize that a no gun policy will NOT stop a criminal from entering with a gun? Do you not realize that the only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? Do you not realize that legal licensed concealed carry permit holders are among the safest category of people on the planet with an incredibly low crime rate?

I have eaten in outback restaurants many, many times over the years and did not know of your no gun policy. My wife and I were planning on eating at the local Pensacola outback for Valentines Day coming up next week. I can positively assure you that we no longer plan on eating there and instead will find another restaurant without such a ridiculous policy.

In closing I would just like to offer some advice. If you insist on continuing a no gun policy you should go back to Australia, you do not fit with American values.
    Sincerely,

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I hate to say it but these sign are going up everywhere. I still carry cause I made promise to protect my family. These world is getting crazy by the day what they don't know won't hurt them. And as far as law enforcement getting ask to leave when that place of business is getting robbed I would be the last officer to show up. I would die laughing when I get there.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Eating out is a luxury we all enjoy in life and if establishments choose to get political (no guns allowed) then I'll bring my politics into choosing where to eat as well.

Plenty of other steakhouses and if they all want to get political as well then looks like I'll save a few bucks for more ammo and cooking lessons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks for this thread. We will never eat at Wild wings or outback ever again. Will check out jimmys in molino. I must have misread the statute on this cause I swore it says the fl legislature preempted this type of shit with a law that says if the public is allowed to be there you can't ban the right to carry cause only the state legislature has that power? There was even an email address you could send complaints to and each breach would cost the business 5k$? I used to snap pics of the no gun signs and send them to the email address several years back.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I eat at Jimmy's 2-3 times a week during deer season. My wife and I ate breakfast there Sat. AM.
    What do you want to know ?? --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom