• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    more bad news on outback..

Tamlynn Yoder, 25, of Lake Park, Fla., lost her job at Outback Steakhouse after she complained in a social media post about not getting a tip.
    Christ Fellowship Church placed a $735 takeout order and sent someone to pick it up. They did not leave a gratuity for the order.
    “We take the order over the phone, we put the order together, take payment and then take order to the car,” Yoder told the Palm Beach Post. “It’s a lot of work just as much as serving.”
    Yoder took to Facebook in frustration and called out Christ Church on not leaving a tip, but didn’t mention where she worked.
    A friend of Yoder’s told her to delete the post and that he would call the church about the tip. When Yoder came into work the next day, she was told that the church had been given a full refund and that she was fired.
    Cathie Koch, a spokeswoman for Outback Steakhouse, told the Post that it’s company policy to not allow employees to post on social media about customers and wouldn’t discuss specifics of this incident.
    “We did not call the restaurant to have her fired; we wanted to get the situation resolved,” said David Lonsberry, an executive director of business for Christ Fellowship, in an interview with the Post.
    Lonsberry went on to say that the person they sent to pick up the food didn’t realize that a tip is customary on takeout orders.
    “He probably didn’t know to tip since it was a rush of the moment thing,” said Lonsberry. The volunteer was sent because Outback’s delivery service was delayed.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a tip for her I won't ever eat at outback again . That's a valuable piece of information if anyone in management is paying attention.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most Servers get a hourly wage well below the "minimum wage" and Tips make up the majority of their salary. They also have a mandatory % of the total bill (not just bar drinks) that they pay the bartender (1 or 50 drinks), In finer dining there are additional % given to other personnel. These % are paid by the server even if she get zero tip from say a $250 Tab. Canadians in general, are well know to be most demanding and cheap and more often then not: don't Tip.

I mention the above because the server tracking, prepping, checking and delivering your Pickup/TakeOut order is not working Dine In tipping customers during that time. So the Server is getting sub-min $2 an hour, total actual time on your order say 20 minutes: Server makes about .67 Cents pay.

Many restaurants include several Tipping % rates and corresponding amounts as recommendations, others actually include a Tipping gratuity to the Bill, to which you may add more if desired and deserved for great service. If food/service was bad people shoud have addressed it prior to the Bill arriving and then complain about the min tip listed on the bill.

I've sent back several plates at the same meal, requested a server be replaced and changed tables mid meal due to loud obnoxious tables near by. Even when they comp a meal or bar tab: I still Tip 10+%. A great experience would net 35%+. Write only good comments on the bill, when great ask for the manager and tell them personally. By all means write a brief note on simple server correction/feedback that the Server can keep to themselves, that respect you show for them will support the teaching moment you want to address.

Main point is, what we all already know: treat people how you want to be treated, or your wife/daughter/son. Some people don't apply that in all situations. IMHO

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Demanding" is not the same using tact while identifying a problem and recommending a solution. A food order is a simple verbal contract: you order iems d to j accepting the responsibility to pay for them the establishment accepts order to provide items as represented and requested. You don'pay for a six pack then accept five bottles. Same-same. I think its more important how a establishment remedies a problem then the problem itself, with few exceptions and that applies to all business/deals. IMHO

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sounds like you are pretty demanding. I would think a 50% tip would be in order for that level of service. If I have to send a plate back I don't eat any thing they bring out after that , if you had of seen what the folks in the back do to the food of people that complain you wouldn't either. You are a much braver man than I .

Interesting. What have you seen the folks in the back do to the food of people that complain?

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a response from outback corporate, apparently they stopped reading my email after the first paragraph or just chose not to respond to the rest at all.

Amy (Bloomin Brands)

Feb 12, 1:42 PM EST

Robert,

Thank you for your email. We fully agree that this was not handled correctly. We have always welcomed law enforcement into our restaurants with their service weapons.

While we cannot change what occurred, we want to help ensure that this won't happen again. We've addressed this with the restaurant involved and re-trained the staff. We've also reminded our other restaurants of our policy regarding uniformed law enforcement officers.

The officer has accepted our apology and says he considers the matter resolved.

Sincerely,

Outback Steakhouse

I'm thinking of going back at them again. all depends if I have time to keep screwing around knowing they will not change anything.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Interesting. What have you seen the folks in the back do to the food of people that complain?

not everyone is an ass....maybe you are thinking of low quality establishments..asking for a steak to be cooked more is not that much of an issue....

I tip my cook, they can see when I come in , and sometimes he comes out to see me

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not everyone is an ass....maybe you are thinking of low quality establishments..asking for a steak to be cooked more is not that much of an issue....

I tip my cook, they can see when I come in , and sometimes he comes out to see me

I'm not saying anyone is an ass. I'm simply asking what FLT has seen the folks in the back do to the food. He implies it's pretty vile, so let's hear about it. My guess is that he hasn't actually seen anyone do anything to it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not saying anyone is an ass. I'm simply asking what FLT has seen the folks in the back do to the food. He implies it's pretty vile, so let's hear about it. My guess is that he hasn't actually seen anyone do anything to it.

rule of thumb, never send food back to a fastfood joint, you will get what you are expecting....

a supposedly quality establishment will not mind redoing a steak...

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I've seen them spit in the food. Now that might not bother you being a liberal and all but it doesn't apeal to me .

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My wife was in the food/beverage industry for years and always cautions me on complaining or trying to set things right as a customer, and she has seen worse than spit. One case when she worked at Starbucks was particularly nasty. A customer was being extremely condescending to the staff and had them remake her drink several times. On the 4th time her beverage was treated with a crotch finger stir from the female barista, which she seemed to enjoy as this one met her satisfaction. My wife finished her shift and called in her resignation the next day.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have seen them take a squirty diarrhea shit in the chili.

OR . . . . . possibly I just dreamed it. ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lmao, truly I could of done with out that idea being planted in my mind. :grenade:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen them spit in the food. Now that might not bother you being a liberal and all but it doesn't apeal to me .

I'm really interested in how you got "in the back" to see that. Calling people names is kind of juvenile even for you. Not unexpected, but juvenile and ignorant.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My apologies, I truly thought you were a liberal. I don't care enough about your opinion to explain how or why I have that information.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My apologies, I truly thought you were a liberal. I don't care enough about your opinion to explain how or why I have that information.

Likewise, except for the apology. What you have is not "information", it's your opinion and you're welcome to it no matter how flawed it is. I'm still curious how you got in the back to see someone spit in food. Were you a busboy?

Top Bottom