• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just read an electronic bulletin that Browning has curtailed manufacture of their Hi Power handguns. It will likely be a long while, if at all that these pistols become 'collectible' but I acquired a Mk III several years ago and it remains one of my very favorite pistols to shoot...or look at!

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/...urce=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Attachments

• Browning01.jpg
      Browning01.jpg
      96 KB · Views: 222

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I am probably one of the few that never liked them. I've had 3-4 and just never felt the love for one.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guess I better get hot and find one soon to add to my collection...always wanted one but for some reason or another, never managed to get one...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    does look like meal worms now that you mention it, I focused on the gun ,blurred out the backgrnd

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Always liked em. I did have one for a while... couldn't really shoot it worth a darn. Maybe try one again someday before they get way up there in price.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one that was manufactured at the point of a gun. When the Germans invaded Belgium, they forced the FN plant to manufacture the pistols for them It has swastikas and tangent sights... I've never shot a more accurate 9mm.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They always seemed cool until I shot one, it made me quit talking trash on glock triggers.

I found the trigger to be crisp and clean...love it but I've hear others say the same thing so I don 't know if I'm more tolerant or if maybe my gun is just better than others. I also removed the mag safety and I did not find that to be much of an improvement...I struggle to tell the difference but maybe that is me.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The one I shot had grit and mush, and the worse reset in single action I've tried yet.

It probably has to do with what era, what mk, country of origin etc.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have one that was manufactured at the point of a gun. When the Germans invaded Belgium, they forced the FN plant to manufacture the pistols for them It has swastikas and tangent sights... I've never shot a more accurate 9mm.
    From what I understand, these are actually the worst out of the batch. The Germans wanted to cut corners to make production cheaper and the finish and some of the other quality dropped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought mine probably 7 years ago new when I lived in Little Rock...the gun store ordered it for me so I suspect it is of recent manufacture...My Browning has a very 1911 feel to it and is so crisp and the reset is such that when I first shot it, I had a surprise double tap...bang,bang...I was shooting it after my Beretta M9...now that is a trigger with lots of take up. It is the only one I have shot so when I get a chance to shoot or dry fire an older one, i will pay close attention.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve got two from the early 80s. One I bought new and it’s still in the grease.
    The other my buddy bought new when I bought mine. I ended up trading him for it a couple of years ago. It is pretty much mint with the box.

Top Bottom