• Hank62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, Buds lost my business a few years back. Even thier military discount isn't really worth loading thier site up anymore.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not looked, but for the past year Bud's is usually higher then anyone else.
    They have also screwed me pretty good on the last purchase.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    How so ? Any details you can share?

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I also signed up for their mil/pol prices and have traded with Buds and purchased from them quite a bit. My M85 AK and my AR (Core) both were great deals through them, and rarely have I been able to beat their prices through another gun retailer (private sales are another matter). Please tell what happened yall!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have not looked, but for the past year Bud's is usually higher then anyone else.
    They have also screwed me pretty good on the last purchase.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd like to hear the story too. It's been a while since I've purchased a gun online but when I have nobody has been able to beat Bud's prices on what I was purchasing at the time.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    +1 for wanting to know the story. Bud's is my #1 go-to price check site. I've found few sellers with lower prices, although I have found some killer deals on GrabAGun recently.

Hank62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My story goes like this:
    Buds put a gun on sale, it was a good price from what I had seen, so I purchased it. Not 5 minutes after I purchased it I see 3 more ads with the same gun $20-$30 lower.
    I contacted them via there web form and sent them links and asked if they would match the price.
    It took 2 days before they returned my message. The message said, we will not match the price but we will cancel your order and return you money.
    So I went to these other sites to discover they had sold out. I (within 15 minutes) e-mailed them back and said please don't cancel my order. I waited a day (I still have not heard back) They did cancel the order and when I went to re-order it on their site it had increased in price an $30 more $$.

In my mind they played a cool game to get a higher markup. I understand it's business, but they lost this customer.

Until the first of last year Bud's was my go to place also. I started noticing most everyone was the same or better in price. I go to grad-a-gun to compare prices now.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have found their pricing to be highly variable and inconsistent relative to the market...sometimes low price, sometimes high price...I suspect it is related to their high inventory as the falling prices make the inventory high priced and a business is subject to lose money on old inventory in that scenario...rising prices have the opposite effect...FIFO accounting principles so just do your homework on each purchase so as not to be bamboozled! Now there is a technical term!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Maybe I've just been lucky, but I believe I've gotten the best current prices on my purchases from Bud's and excellent service, too. They aren't always lowest on everything, but I've found them to be consistently competitive & a great place to compare prices.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Bud’s was the internet king 5 years ago but I don’t even check with them anymore.
    Maybe they have gotten competitive again in the last year or two but
    I’ve found that Grabagun, PSA, Whitaker’s and Kentucky Gun beats them every time.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also thought thier auctions of hard to get guns was a bit unseemly. Just another way to maximize profit. Same as thier club you have to join to get priority in ordering or buying, and some guns are reserved for club members only.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bud’s was the internet king 5 years ago but I don’t even check with them anymore.
    Maybe they have gotten competitive again in the last year or two but
    I’ve found that Grabagun, PSA, Whitaker’s and Kentucky Gun beats them every time.
    I've dealt with all of the on-line places for years. There's serious competition so they get "creative"! I have bought from PSA more than once and before the item shipped, the price dropped up to $100. No in-store credit or nothing. Just too bad. I've also had most of them sell the item from my cart before I could finish checking out. Aggravating but that's the way they operate.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    PSA customer service told me recently that if you buy something and they advertise it for less with a week or so from you buying it they will refund the difference. But hell, I may have misheard her. It wouldn't surprise me.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PSA customer service told me recently that if you buy something and they advertise it for less with a week or so from you buying it they will refund the difference. But hell, I may have misheard her. It wouldn't surprise me.

What you were told is probably correct. The issue with the negative response I had was a while back. Their customer service has improved greatly. I had an issue with an AR-10 and they took care of it with no problems about a year ago, as they should. My recent purchase with them was their AK. Right after I bought it, the same one went on sale for $100 less, however it had the longer forearm, and then a week later, the exact one also went for $100 less!-:) I didn't even bother as I figured they would say what they told me a while back, but maybe not?
    Also, I agree that Bud's used to be one of the best. I haven't been buying from them but the had a really good sale on a 20 ga semi auto shotgun that was over $150 cheaper than everyone else and purchased it with no issues.
    I recently discovered RK Guns out of Ohio. I'm on their mailing list and have gotten emails with some super sales but as soon as I get the email and go to their site, they are sold out! Sold I told my son, they must only have one or two!-;) So, haven't bought from them yet.
    Got a Valentines ad from Kentucky Gun today. Had some deer rifles on sale for cheap in .06 and 308. Went to their site and they were more than the ad. I didn't even bother with them. A few weeks ago they had the same rifles on sale but the cheap one was in 204 ruger. That may be a great round but I have too many calibers already.
    I used to buy a lot from CDNN but usually can get cheaper. Recently bought a few from Grabagun. They have been good to deal with but often can find better deals.
    Used to buy some from Impact Guns years ago but mostly too expensive now. They did have a used but like new SR1911 commander a while back for $600 which is not great but isn't back. Ad said it had two mags and the ruger case. It came with one mag and no case. Had to call several times and finally they said, it only comes with one mag and no case. So after more calls and a supervisor, they went back to their now deleted ad and saw that I was correct, so they sent me a mag and an aftermarket case but way too much trouble for me.
    I used to buy ammo from the Sportsmen's Guide. When ammo was hard to get, they sometimes had some for OK prices. Then they started selling firearms. I bought a blem taurus revolver from them (I've since switched to Smith revolver's but that's a whole nother issue), and I have purchased blem guns from other places but this thing was terrible. It wasn't a blem, it was a piece of crap. Couldn't get any help from them, so I'm done with them.
    Have bought from Classic many times. Typically no problems but bought an AK that was suppose to have two mags and only had one. Went back and forth and they agreed to send the other mag but were out. Got it a month or two later. Then bought and IO AK Nano from them. Also one for my son. His worked fine. Mine was a straight pull bolt action. Another words, one shot and had to pull the bolt back by had to put another round in it. Contacted IO. No real help. Contacted Classic, they contacted IO and IO said, they would fix but I had to pay both ways. I know all about firearm warranties, however if a manufacturer sends one broke out of the box, they need to make it good, which they would not. I finally fixed it after about 10 hours of working on it. And I know all about IO. I have a few of their rifles before they moved to FL. They were rough but they worked. This thing never worked. So, this wasn't really Classics fault but to me, they know IO has issues, so they bear some of the blame for selling them.
    Had good luck with Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. They sold me a handgun that went on sale a week later and they gave me an in store credit. I purchased an Anderson Lower parts kit with the credit and it was missing a part. I contacted them and they asked me to contact Anderson. Good luck with that. Those butt cracks do not reply at all. So Sportsman Outdoors sent me the part.
    Bought an AK from Brownells and it went on sale a couple weeks later. Didn't even ask.
    Had good luck with Recoil gunworks LLC, and TSS. Bought a few from Aims Surplus with no real issues. Ordered a Smith revolver from Georgia Guns or South Georgia Guns and when I checked out, it gave me two options for shipping so I picked the $20 option instead of the $30 options. Later the next day, they sent and email saying I must pay the $30 option. I'm thinking, why did your dumb site let me pick an option that isn't allowed? I replied saying, if I knew that I wouldn't have purchased it but go ahead and send it. He replies, it's already sold. I have adjectives for their crap site but I'll save them.
    Bought a used Browning Sporting Clays Citori from the Ocala Gun Armory, I believe that's correct. After I ordered, I read the reviews. (I know, should have read them first!) Got worried as I didn't get a shipping number, so I called. They gave it to me, which it's a good think I did because I tracked it and it said, left on the front door steps. I was like, WHAT! You shipped a $1600 shotgun with no signature required but called my FFL and he took care of it and he said he's had FedEx leave 4 or 5 at a time without a signature which as most of you know is illegal. But the shotgun was in great shape and came with a nice case and extended choke tubes and I was very happy with it.
    Recently tried to order some reloading items from Midway. Have bought from them before with no issues. This time, it would not let me check out. I tried like 10 times and finally it did but the one item on sale, was now listed as the original price, so I just deleted it. I emailed them about the checkout issue and they replied with some lame bull and then a couple days later I got an email asking me to take a survey-:) So I clicked the link and it didn't work. I replied to them via email that they appear to be having website issues.
    Cheaper than Dirt (Gold) is "not" and I've had some pretty major issues with them besides their antic with the Obama gun stuff. So, I've been done with them. DONE!!!!
    J&G pulled a stunt on me during the Obama gun rush and they sold me a few used firearms that were pretty crappy.
    Have had issues with ebay and Amazon for accessories but with ebay, it depends on the seller. If you get a good one, then it's fine. If you don't and you have to deal with Ebay, you're not going to like them very much. Amazon has been responsive to issues but their prices have been crazy for a while now and they also advertise a price and it will be higher when you go to their site, so just something to note.
    Their on more stories but this is way too long and I'll probably get some hate mail because of it but figured I'd share and maybe those new at this maybe able to avoid some problems. Probably typo's too!-:)

Top Bottom