Reflex sight options and opinions

I'm thinking about buying a reflex sight such as an EOTech, but they are way too proud of their equipment....my needs are mostly plinking and fun shooting, not competition and not prepping for the end of days...asking the community for their opinions and suggestions on the best 'value' in a reflex sight, competitive cost with reliable function and a modest level of durability...not the cheap, not the expensive but middle of the road.

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a reflex sight such as an EOTech, but they are way too proud of their equipment....my needs are mostly plinking and fun shooting, not competition and not prepping for the end of days...asking the community for their opinions and suggestions on the best 'value' in a reflex sight, competitive cost with reliable function and a modest level of durability...not the cheap, not the expensive but middle of the road.
    It's hard to go wrong with an Aimpoint ACO, PRO, or Trijicon MRO. They're all three floating around $350 - $450 depending on where you look. Dan here on the forum has an ACO up for $250 last I checked; that's a pretty screamin deal for an Aimpoint optic. If I hadn't just bought a MRO I probably would have taken it. Other than these, Primary Arms / Holosun are picking up some nice reviews lately for their Aimpoint Micro clones. They use the same mounts as the Aimpoints and appear to be nice little sights. I got a peek at one of the Primary Arms models - seemed very solid to me. These might be more up your alley for what you intend to use the sight for. They're running $125 - $250 depending on the model.

3. Likes Fear21's Post:

I just picked up a couple of Vortex Crossfire red dots. The Vortex are a great price and have a lifetime warranty on their optics.

They look similar to the Aimpoint Micros, Holosun, Primary Arms, and the like. They also share the same mounting system if you want to get a QD mount.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ny-mount-matte

5. Likes The Pitt's Post:

12 GA
    I have a prinary arms on a keltec sub 2000. It is holding zero and has claims of 50,000 hrs battery life just like the aimpoints. On my ar I still use a trijicon reflex 2. Its fiber optic during the day and tritium at night. No batteries required. They are good for about 15-20 years before the tritium starts to fade, but the fiber optic will always work. I also have the polarizing filter on it to eliminate any washout issues with a weapon light. Also, I can send it back to trijincon and they will rebuild the tritium for $100 and its good for another 20 years

7. Likes TK5o's Post:

I have the Vortex strike fire on an AR and a CZ Scorpion. Very happy with these. I had the Vortex viper on the CZ for a while and it worked fine. I moved it to a pistol. I have not had any issues with any of the vortex scopes I have. I have had excellent response from their customer service department. I lost some screws for mounting and they sent me some right out for free. I also needed a different mount to use the viper on my AR on a 45 degree mount. Since I shoot left handed it wouldn’t fit quite right. When I emailed about it they told me I could just swap the mounts from my venom and not have to buy one from them.

9. Likes RussSurfs's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TK5o View Post
    I have a prinary arms on a keltec sub 2000. It is holding zero and has claims of 50,000 hrs battery life just like the aimpoints.
    Are you using the MI flip mount? Is so, is it holding zero? I've read mixed reviews.
    Let go or be dragged.

For just Range fun use, something from Vortex, Holosun, or primary arms will serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 GA
    Yes it is holding zero. I have flipped it in every direction and it still works great. Only issue I had was the two screws for the mlock mount to the rail came loose while shooting. A little lock tite fixed that. No issues since and the t1 base that the optic mounts on has been rock solid
    Also, I really like the concept of the keltec and that it takes glock mags. But its not lefty friendly due to gas in the face. And the stock sights are a little low. Does anybody know what the tallest ar15 front sight is? Tallest I can find is 0.40” taller than stock
    Last edited by TK5o; 02-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks for the info. I'm a lefty too so I feel your pain.
    Let go or be dragged.