• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For the Florida PEEPS FYI, a new Combat related disability property tax discount. IF your disability is combat related and you get a letter from St Petersburg VA or your local VSO, they will discount your property taxes equal to your disability. This was new to me as no where on my disability does it say "combat related" but I am and the letter was requested, this is a huge discount! My VSO had no clue, National VA does not either but thankfully my Tax clerk did know...God Bless

UPDATE: OK, finished it up today so I got $25,000 Homestead, $5000 for over 65 vet and then take xx%(my combat disability rating) off what is left and that is my taxable amount. If they took the xx% first and then the Homestead I would owe less. This is all county property tax on a homestead house in FL. The combat ratings discount was approved in 2006 and in 2012 amended so that you have to live in FL not signed up for the service in Fl

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Frank, has the Homestead changed back to $25,000 on new home purchases? I ask because my current exemption is $50,000 for Homestead, they doubled it several years back if I remember right.

Top Bottom