• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all I am restoring a Golani Galil and have a couple of questions for those that know or maybe you can verify for me if you have a Golani

1. I have a rear night sight coming as this one is missing it completely. It looks like it secures with a simple roll pin, Can someone confirm this and is there any additional hardware I need for spring retention maybe?

2. My stock is classic Golani looking stock however I noticed there is no block between the upper and lower bars. I am not sure if this is just a rubber piece that went mission or a metal piece that is secured. There are no holes drilled in that area at all for it

3. I understand I need a press to get the front sight/gas block off to get a new one with correct attachments on there. I do see the two roll pins but is there some kind of jig I can rig up and us a jack or farmers jack to press the old one off and press the new one on?

4, Has anyone removed the muzzle device from a golani? there are no wrench flats and am assuming a standard AR thread pitch. I am guessing some heat and some torque will get it off but destroy the device in the process. If anyone has changed one out is it silver soldered or welded?

Thanks golani gurus

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well racking my brain on a DIY rear night sight mount. I have the rear sight. Painted and looking good. Dowel secure pin should t be an issue. My sticking point it plunger and spring.

I like working on my own rifle and there has to be a substitutes plunger and sorimg replacement. Actual hardware cost $35 which is not the end of the world but I’d rather be able to figure out good solution. Cost effectively. Guys that know he Galil or Golani will know what I mean when looking at this little hole where a plunger a spring go

Any ideas fellas? If I figure something out I’ll be sure to post it as well. Oem replacement buffers and springs are unobtainium now. Guess it’s a good byproduct of insomnia lol.

Really want to finish restoring this rifle so I can enjoy it more. Only ran a few mags thru her and ran like a top. Very thrilled. Caspian receiver and I can see where some ejector work has been done. A bit of polishing of the hammer and chamber just to make sure and this thing should be a work horse

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Though I posted this already but quick update. So a standard AR plunger retainer and spring are a great sub for an actual Galil night sight plunger and spring. Just cut the nipple off the AR plunger retainer and a couple coils off the spring and you are in business. Hope this helps someone trying to restore their Galil. Cheers

EMitch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want one of these so badly. ATI is now selling some so I might save my pennies. Would love a non-NFA SAR style.

Top Bottom