• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Interesting indeed. One of the main reasons my wife has a Sig Sauer p238 is because of how easy it is to rack.

rob85k5

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After watching my mother, almost 70, trying to rack the slide on every gun at Jim's, this may be the one for her. The PK380 is the only one she felt "OK" with that day.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The fact it has that grip safety(why?!?!), the deminsions and the "internal hammer" instead of striker lead me to believe this probably has a lot more in common with the pk380 than an actual shield.
    I fear this is a umarex dressed as a smith.

Rob85k5 it's really too bad the beretta 86 isn't still made or that would be a great option. I kinda cringe when people see struggling with a slide and reccomend a da revolver, my wife can handle plenty of slides but very few da triggers.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    offtopic...kinda.

I have found that telling women to hold the slide and push the gun seems to make racking of slide easier. Its a method of process rather than strength. Hold the slide, push the gun forward.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I go with push grip, push slide in opposite directions when people have problems. I've also found the forever hated slide mounted safeties help (like the vp9 bat wings), and if it has a hammer cock that first.

But it doesn't always work with everyone.
    I really want this to work and be a solid piece, I've had a delayed blowback mid sized 380 before and it handled and shot amazingly.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After watching my mother, almost 70, trying to rack the slide on every gun at Jim's, this may be the one for her. The PK380 is the only one she felt "OK" with that day.

I went shooting with my 87 yr old father last year while visiting him up north, and watched him have trouble shooting a 9mm semi auto....time to move him into a small caliber revolver, that’s how I’m solving his issues.

Members online

Top Bottom