• Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is the cheapest that I have seen yet. I have seen a couple priced just under $400,however not this low.
    Truck gun,spare gun,ranch gun,etc,etc. Priced this low . . HELL . . buy two or three. --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Quick question since this is somewhat applicable...
    I have a friend who wants to, and I quote, "complete his gun portfolio" with an AR15. Yet the budget for this is $5-600. He's looking at a Ruger entry level. Am I missing something or is this about the better option for a gun that's probably going to collect more dust than carbon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's nothing wrong with Del-Ton, especially at the price point. However, I do mostly prefer standard front sight/gas block. If I'm not getting a standard front sight block, I'd go with a full length rail with low profile gas block. Just not a fan of those railed gas blocks.

Edit: On closer look on something besides my phone, this model has no provision for a front sight at all. Gonna be optic only unless there is some parts changed.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a friend who wants to, and I quote, "complete his gun portfolio" with an AR15. Yet the budget for this is $5-600. He's looking at a Ruger entry level. Am I missing something or is this about the better option for a gun that's probably going to collect more dust than carbon.

You've probably already seen this, but just in case you haven't, entry Ruger $499.
    https://grabagun.com/ruger-ar-556-black-ar-15-223-5-56mm-16-1-inch-30rd.html

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

The below is my OPINION so take it FWIW

$375 for a complete AR is cheap. No doubt about it. If you want a cheap AR, it's hard to pass this up. They've cut every corner here; no front sight or rail to mount one, no FA ( does that matter? Up to you), no dust cover (see previous about mattering), basic (like all the way, pre Magpul basic) furniture, heavy profile barrel (chrome? Nitrided?) cuts down on any machining time, "mil spec" probably only because it'd be more expensive to get a non mil spec bolt etc at this point.

If this is a buy just to say you bought it/have it.... Rock on.

There are plenty of deals on palmetto that are a way better value than this. $600 can get you a decent lower with magpul furniture and several more "features"( nitride, different twist, profile) on a upper that's going to be more flexible.

This deal will most likely go bang and probably groups 1-2 moa with some halfway decent ammo. I'd also bet that the trigger is rough and that the fit and finish are just OK. Top this off with the cheapest Amazon red dot and a transfer and you're still solidly under $500.

It's America. Spend your money how you want. Happy shooting.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The below is my OPINION so take it FWIW

$375 for a complete AR is cheap. No doubt about it. If you want a cheap AR, it's hard to pass this up. They've cut every corner here; no front sight or rail to mount one, no FA ( does that matter? Up to you), no dust cover (see previous about mattering), basic (like all the way, pre Magpul basic) furniture, heavy profile barrel (chrome? Nitrided?) cuts down on any machining time, "mil spec" probably only because it'd be more expensive to get a non mil spec bolt etc at this point.

If this is a buy just to say you bought it/have it.... Rock on.

There are plenty of deals on palmetto that are a way better value than this. $600 can get you a decent lower with magpul furniture and several more "features"( nitride, different twist, profile) on a upper that's going to be more flexible.

This deal will most likely go bang and probably groups 1-2 moa with some halfway decent ammo. I'd also bet that the trigger is rough and that the fit and finish are just OK. Top this off with the cheapest Amazon red dot and a transfer and you're still solidly under $500.

It's America. Spend your money how you want. Happy shooting.
    A lot of people look at this platform as a novelty rifle with limited use and/or it's not "their thing" yet they still want one.
    I almost quit trying to convince folks that quality does matter even though the need may not meet the desire. But I like this kind of stuff and have learned from buying the wrong thing and listening to more learned guys on here and other avenues.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For $4 dollars more, you can now get the DPMS Panther Oracle 223 16″ 30rd AR-15 for $379

Dpms Oracle, Semi-automatic, 223 Rem/556nato, 16″ Barrel, Black Finish, Ap4 6-position Stock, 30rd, Flattop, Forward Assist, Dust Cover

https://gunprime.com/product/dpms-panther-oracle-223-16-30rd-ar-15-60531/

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A lot of people look at this platform as a novelty rifle with limited use and/or it's not "their thing" yet they still want one.
    I almost quit trying to convince folks that quality does matter even though the need may not meet the desire. But I like this kind of stuff and have learned from buying the wrong thing and listening to more learned guys on here and other avenues.

For the novelty guys that aren't going to shoot it and just want the check in the box. Cool. I've wasted plenty of time trying to convince guys that a little more money will go a long way if you actually use the rifle. When customers chime to me and tell me "but I can get a whole XXX for $XXX" I just tell them I'd be happy to do the transfer. Cheap is fine but just understand what you are (aren't) getting for your money. Not directed at you Justin, just an observation.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For $4 dollars more, you can now get the DPMS Panther Oracle 223 16″ 30rd AR-15 for $379

Dpms Oracle, Semi-automatic, 223 Rem/556nato, 16″ Barrel, Black Finish, Ap4 6-position Stock, 30rd, Flattop, Forward Assist, Dust Cover

https://gunprime.com/product/dpms-panther-oracle-223-16-30rd-ar-15-60531/

$4 for the FA, railed block and dust cover!! Hell yeah. That's VALUE. But I hate that dpms stock

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For the novelty guys that aren't going to shoot it and just want the check in the box. Cool. I've wasted plenty of time trying to convince guys that a little more money will go a long way if you actually use the rifle. When customers chime to me and tell me "but I can get a whole XXX for $XXX" I just tell them I'd be happy to do the transfer. Cheap is fine but just understand what you are (aren't) getting for your money. Not directed at you Justin, just an observation.
    Oh yeah definitely. I've been there, wanting a certain quality but not paying for it. You've helped me learn the ways Obi-Wan.
    Anywho...my friend is getting a decent AR for the money. Would I buy a $400 Delton? Nope. But I try not to snob people about it either.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But I try not to snob people about it either.

True. It doesn't have to be all KAC, POF, LMT, Larue, LWRC or Wilson. But it's frustrating to watch a guy that's only concerned with price tag that's going to end up paying more in the long run after you changes all those parts out. Another $100 now is going to save you $200 down the road.

Whatever. I've got to go mount my new night force on my 10/22.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    True. It doesn't have to be all KAC, POF, LMT, Larue, LWRC or Wilson. But it's frustrating to watch a guy that's only concerned with price tag that's going to end up paying more in the long run after you changes all those parts out. Another $100 now is going to save you $200 down the road.

Whatever. I've got to go mount my new night force on my 10/22.
    "Spend as much or more on the glass as the gun" or however that saying goes...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "Spend as much or more on the glass as the gun" or however that saying goes...

Hey man, I might shoot this thing all the way to a 1000cm. That's like a whole bunch of MILs.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My "beef" is - - -> I see "well informed" buyers of AR's swoop up a $1400.+ gun . . THEN . . leave a semi shitty trigger in it, buy $160 glass for it,and mount it in even shittier rings.
    HUH . . ?? . . WHAT . . ?? ---- SAWMAN

TactiNormal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You don't need expensive optics to brag about your $1500 AR15 to your friends and shoot Tula steel case at 25 yards.

Tack Driver! The bullet holes are touching!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I try to balance cost, want, and need...
    Do I want a Knights SR15? Absolutely
    Can I afford the $2400? I'd stretch the budget
    Do I need a SR15? Good Lord I hope never do...

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Food For Thought. Naomi at UBERS told me she is getting 6 DPMS Oracles in this week that she plans on selling for about $390.00!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Primary arms has some radical rifles for $399. BAR style handguard, MFT stock. Heck of a better deal than the Anderson, DPMS or Delton.

http://www.primaryarms.com/product/14406

from the pics/description it looks like an Anderson lower, Aero upper, UTG? buffer tube. Ambi safety, MPI AND HPT BCG, "upgraded" bho... it's got some bells and whistles too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom