• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in the shooting house on the 31st of Jan. (last day).... a plump doe walked into the food plot and began eating. I'd chambered a round and took the rifle off safety and aimed... got the crosshairs where I wanted them, then squeezed. Click...
    No boom. I opened the bolt, ejected the shell, looked at it.. no dimple in primer.. chambered another round, aimed, squeezed, BOOM... dead deer.. 163 yards.. I, for the life of me can't figure this one out. Any ideas???

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, jj... this is the second time I've had crosshairs in place and heard the "click"... 1st time, I was about 33' up a tree and didn't know my friend had un-loaded the chamber... I did the same thing as I did a few days back, jacked another round into the chamber and boom...

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You got an unchambered problem.... Sitting in the shooting house w/ an unchambered rifle? During rut? Good way to miss out on a gooden...hahaha I've only had that happen once with my 700 in 270 but at the time I was up a tree, trying to shoot (well lets say it was in the tree above me) so I just figured GOD didn't want my bullet flying high above the trees. When I got to the gate of the club, put the shell back in and pulled the trigger---BOOM!!! Just a thing!

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And the Lord's message to his child who kills and eats animals is to assure the bolt is bottomed out. JJ is the prophet of BOOM.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I missed a shot at a hog with a Ruger,the same way. Bolt handle was not turned down all the way.
    The hog came out of the tall cotton,about 30ft from me.
    The next day I gathered hand full of ammo with no powder or bullet,went outside,and gave them a try. With the bolt handle turned down about half way,the striker would not release. With it turned down to about 1/2 inch from bottoming out,the striker would release,but the fireing pin would not contact the live primer enough to crack it.
    Well . . . found my problem. ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom