• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was able to get the Striker to the range today and stretch it's legs. The gun performed well. The Burris 3-9x handgun scope is clear and well suited for this gun. I'm new to long eye relief scopes, so there was a bit of a learning curve. The cheap bipod I bought will eventually be replaced with a Harris bipod but it will do for now. The ammo was the cheapest stuff I could find at Wal-Mart. It was Federal white box 7.62x51 NATO. I was shooting at 100 yards and think I did pretty well considering I'm new to long range pistol shooting. I fired 20 rounds and they all landed in side the 8 ring of the 10" target. My groups were getting much better as the day progressed. I can't wait to start reloading for it. For those of you wondering about the recoil of firing a .308 Winchester round out of a handgun, I took a short video and posted it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/VTQDvJai-7U

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    That looks a lot more manageable than the .308 TC Encore pistol I had. I fired it 4 times and put it back in the truck.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's comparable to a 44 magnum with standard commercial loads. Now, if you close the muzzle brake it feels more like a "full house" 44 magnum load. Still quite manageable for a 308.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom