• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seen a sign for the baldwin county gun show next weekend, 10/11 Feb, Robertsdale anyone been? Any comparison to the Mobile fair grounds show? Thank you for any info.

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's a bit smaller than the Mobile show, but it is in a nice little venue in Robertsdale. I believe it is put on by the same promoter, so similar vendors. Normally a good little show.

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent, thank you for the info,

Mobile typically has several tables with old mil stuff, always a few nagants, K98's and garands floating around.

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So like how many tables.. ???? how much Milsurp would you guess...???

It's been a couple years since I have been but maybe 160-175 tables I'd guess. I do not remember there being a bunch of milsurp there, but that could change depending on what vendors show up.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I attended it once on a whim a few years ago, after finding the Pensacola show to be totally devoid of smokeless powder. The Robertsdale show had a different reloading vendor than I'd seen before and they had plenty of powder, primers, etc. I liked the show also because there seemed to be more private sellers so the selection was pretty diverse.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in Robertsdale and it has been my favorite show long before I moved over her. Cheaper table prices attracts smaller sellers. I would say atleast 25% are private sellers. Not including all the private “sellers” that are walking around with guns.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just gotta remember all you Fla CWP holders . . . you cannot walk out of the show with a handgun. --- SAWMAN

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just gotta remember all you Fla CWP holders . . . you cannot walk out of the show with a handgun. --- SAWMAN

I use to do that show selling holsters, and a couple years ago ATF guys were outside watching peoples pull up or leave. If they had a handgun and had Florida car tags, they were getting pulled aside and asked some questions.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Like most shows, it can be hit or miss with vendors, number of tables, etc. I usually try and go. I have a friend who always gets a table so it's easy to walk around and then sit with him....you never know what walks by.

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This show is sounding better each post, I'm excited, Great time to be buying, not so great for seller.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Pretty sure you have to go thru an FFL for a long gun but you can go thru an FFL at the show and leave with it.
    You can’t do that with a handgun.

Opsec

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They need to push this to the next weekend. I will be down to look at the house the weekend of the 17th weekend with nothing to do in Foley.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With Table Costs, No wonder there is hardly any good deals at the shows. I guess Sundays would be the better day to go, the vendor might need to make up for his table fees.
    $60 for a table at Robertsdale, $85 for Pensacola, Crestview and PC (Same Promoter), IDK what Milton's is, wasn't listed? But most places used to be $45 a table in 2016. I guess the Promoters are wanting to hit it big, or the County is, by raising the rental fees? Either way, it's too much.
    But I bet if everyone boycotted, they'd quickly drop the fees. just my .02

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    With Table Costs, No wonder there is hardly any good deals at the shows. I guess Sundays would be the better day to go, the vendor might need to make up for his table fees.
    $60 for a table at Robertsdale, $85 for Pensacola, Crestview and PC (Same Promoter), IDK what Milton's is, wasn't listed? But most places used to be $45 a table in 2016. I guess the Promoters are wanting to hit it big, or the County is, by raising the rental fees? Either way, it's too much.
    But I bet if everyone boycotted, they'd quickly drop the fees. just my .02

Milton is still $45 I believe, and is really the only show I will do if I'm in town. Last couple of shows I have not even broke even, but had fun so. Like I have said before the internet will kill most businesses in the next 20 years. If you would of asked someone in the early 1980's if Montgomery Ward, Kmart, Sears, would be around 40 years from then, most likely they would of said yes. Amazon will kill Walmart, and someone eventually will kill Amazon. You would think if people boycotted they would lower prices, but look at the Garcon Point Bridge. lol

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good show, lots of toys in a small space, found a few good deals, hope y'all had fun, but that tornado alert was not fun on the way home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom