• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just wondering what typical 911 response times are for ambulance and sheriff along 9 mile road in Pensacola. Anyone have experiences?

Why do I ask? I was listening to a podcast today and a guy in Indiana called his 911 several times and no one picked up. I doubt that actually happened. However, it did start me thinking, not about 911 picking up, but how long before help arrives.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I’m not sure about EMS or fire but there’s always a handful of deputies up and down 9 mile road. Depends on the severity of the 911 call (keep in mind people call 911 for stupid reasons sometimes...cat stuck in tree, keys locked in car, etc.) if it’s something like a cardiac arrest, home invasion, possible drowning, missing child, shooting, stabbing, carjacking, so on and so forth, every deputy in the area will be running lights and sirens to you. If it’s a 911 call because you forgot to lock your car and someone stole your change jar it’s going to take awhile longer until the deputies finish up with the cardiac, missing child, stabbing...

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't have statistics on averages but living off of 9 mile rd my encounters have been pretty responsive. I'd say in the 5-10 minute range. Again it depends on the severity.
    P.S. I've only called once but they frequent the southern end of my general area.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, there's a jump station at 9mile and 29. When I worked over there it took deputies about 5 minutes to respond to any/all calls during working hours.
    Ems and fire took a little longer but I don't think it ever took 15 minutes, which with traffic during buissness hours isn't bad.

Keep in mind any/all calls were placed for a buissness and that may(or may not) affect priority(higher or lower?).

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IIRC the national average is something like 22 minutes...........

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom