• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noshorts2live

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where is this gun forum primarily located? I was in Pensacola but now I am in Jacksonville. I like the group but may leave because of inconvenience now that I’ve been relocated. Thanks for any help and input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Some will ship non guns, some will even ship guns but a lot harder to do business. I lose a lot of chances because of an hours drive each way from Mary Esther and Crestview and some members are in Alabama with cool stuff and that is really too far

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Doesn't really to hurt to stay somewhat active in the forum. I've done business with a few members that have moved away or never been convenient enough to meet. I've made some good deals mailing stuff off. With that said, we have almost 6k members and a couple hundred are really active.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Remember . . . (Hopefully) . . . this forum is not just about being close enough to buy and sell. It is about the dialog of trading information and IMO,helping each other. I always tell the people that I do buisness with,after I meet them, "if I can help you in any way,just let me know".
    We should all feel this way . . . at least,with the other members that we get along with. I have helped some people and have been helped by some very well informed and expieranced forum members.
    This is the way our forum should be. --- SAWMAN

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree with Sawman. This forum is much more than an "EBAY" for guns and gun stuff. I've had forum help me with solving some gun problems and have many others offer advice based on their experience when I've been wanting to expand into a new area of the shooting sports.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If a person is exclusively looking to buy/sell then a forum like this will likely not meet their needs. This forum represents a collection of knowledge, wisdom and opinions...just remember opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one...so take that with a grain of salt. If you become part of this community and utilize it properly then I think you will increase your knowledge and proficiently substantially in a fairly short order. If you live close to the panhandle of FL you might even get to meet some of the cast of characters behind the words! Something I posted in another forum regarding you tube, but many of the things I note started with a conversation on this forum or the other one that I peruse often....

I think this is a good place for this post...most people know about you tube but this has saved me soooo much time, money and aggravation. A short list of things I have used You Tube for:
    Fixed the loading gate on my Marlin 336
    Fixed Glock 35 slide locking back issue
    Learned how to hand load and help to choose presses, dies etc...
    Learned how to adjust fixed sights
    Numerous firearm reviews to help make choices
    how to properly mount a scope
    Cleaning solvents and techniques/improvements
    Properly replace a missing hi vis sight
    How to remove a mag safety on a Browning high power
    How to choose and buy a supressor
    How to improve shooting accuracy
    How to make low cost target stands
    How to choose and mount steel targets for safety
    Concealed carry process, options and holsters

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting some but I was reflecting on just how many things I've used you tube for...and that is not including other household things like plumbing, electrical jobs, making jerky and really anything you wonder how to do that...and you don't have to bug anyone.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...you tube but this has saved me soooo much time, money and aggravation.
    I concur with that. I had a collection of a dozen or so different Nazi era handguns and I found YouTube an indispensable aid in learning how to disassemble/reassemble many of them. While written instructions could often be found elsewhere on the web, there's nothing like watching someone actually do it.

Top Bottom