• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looking for a 9mm 1911. Several 45s for sale on here but am just getting it for a target/plinker so prefer the cheaper ammo and lighter recoil of 9. 5 inch barrel and removable or adjustable sights. Found used Kimber, Springfield, Colt on GunBroker in the $700 range but would prefer to buy local. Am in Walnut Hill but will drive to Pensacola and will be at the gun show Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are not too picky the Remington Enhanced R1 is a great buy. I purchased mine because of price and it turned out to be a shooter

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed on Remington R1. American made, very inexpensive and quality above price point. I had mine for sale on here that I recently got but I took it to the range and it performed so well that I decided to keep it.

I love it cause you get an American made pistol on good slide and receiver forgings and a 5in match barrel. The barrel thickens at the tip to help with a nice tight lock up and there is no play when you push on the barrel shroud. Its an A1 design mostly with a flat mainspring housing and no frills anything else. You could always add whatever piece of fancy 1911 stuff to it. The slide and receiver foundation being so solid and IMO the most important pieces. Another great thing is that the slide is already sight dovetail cut to replace the sights yourself instead of having the front pin type

I ended up with a factory OD green frame which I understand was just some limited run by Remington not a big deal. I replaced the grips with some VZ slimline grips I had lying around, and refinished the slide since the finish was very worn. Looks like a new gun and feels great with the slim grips. Controls do not protrude as it isnt ambi or extended anything. OD frame and A1 thin controls make it look like the pistol was made for slim grips. I was going to try and sell/trade mine since I am no longer a 1911 buff but after the 1st range trip with it I am keeping it. I had a TRP once and honestly it performed on par with it at a fraction of the price point. Rides on greased up rails, amazing slide to frame fit for an entry level 1911. Plus American made which in a 1911 makes me happy.

Classicfirearms has them in stock for very cheap.

shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks for the input! Just ordered the Sig 1911 Tacops. Couldn't beat that price for an a 1911 with stainless slide and frame with 4 mags and night sights!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom