HD Tactical

Anyone Going to Watch the State of the Union Address Tomorrow Night?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I for one never understood why they allow it on a gun forum anyway. There are way better places to argue with folks, like facebook or a political forum. It is just a big butthurt waiting to happen. Most folks aren't smart enough to know how to discuss it properly without starting a pissing match.

But then what would we argue about?!?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I understand - I almost fired a customer last week, because he just can't shut up about politics. I went ahead and gave him another chance. I do have 3 or 4 close friends, that we just know not to talk about certain things. I'm glad, because the stuff we do talk about is more fun.

you want to really flip them out, when politics come up, just say you don't vote, because you are a convicted felon...

that will keep them busy, trying to figure out how you can sell guns, but not vote..

take the money, don't cut your own wrist..

I have customers I don't care for, but still take their money...

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In all seriousness, I've never talked a liberal in to changing to a conservative . And none of them have been able convince me to become a liberal. All in all it's a huge waste of time. That's my opinion as always yours may differ. :peace:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    In all seriousness, I've never talked a liberal in to changing to a conservative . And none of them have been able convince me to become a liberal. All in all is a huge waste of time. That's my opinion as always yours may differ. :peace:

I have found the same...

it is rare to convert, usually life kicks you in the crotch a few times, and will change one to a more conservative point of view, if you always had money, good creampuff govt , county or city job, you usually gravitate to the dark side of the force, liberalism

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's pretty surprising to me that everyone that commented in this thread is apparently cool with his proposal of amnesty for 1.8 million illegal immigrants. I didn't expect that.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just to clarify - it was a coffee customer. I tolerate a lot more bull crap from gun customers than coffee customers.

That could go both ways, we could all stop doing business with those thinking opposite of each other on public forums which to me would be a terrible thing. I happen to personally like the liberals here but do disagree with their politics.

I do hope I have not personally offended anyone but I will still disagree on politics. When we meet you will still get a warm handshake, be treated with respect and have a beer or shoot together knowing neither of us are going to change our minds.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's pretty surprising to me that everyone that commented in this thread is apparently cool with his proposal of amnesty for 1.8 million illegal immigrants. I didn't expect that.

I was a light weight last night, only took 35 minutes for my eyeballs faltered...I have not had a chance to review it all...

maybe FLOTUS blinded me....she was the high point of the night

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    NOT ME !!! I am not cool with anyone that has broken the laws of this country AND expects to get paid for it.
    Illegal means illegal . . . nothing complicated about this.
    And Frank . . re. your post #70 . . it is apparent to me that you have aged more "gracefully" than I have. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I believe Trump said that there would be a path to citizenship within 12 years for those 1.8 million.
    That would imply that they go thru legal means. I'm good with that.
    I am not good with giving a blanket "come on in" to all the illegals.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Was finally able to watch the whole speech.
    No, I do not agree with amnesty at all, as Sawman noted, illegal is illegal.
    Welldoya also pointed out a path to citizenship, if they don't or won't comply with the standards to accomplish this - OUT.

http://www.breitbart.com/live/state...demands-path-citizenship-illegal-aliens-sotu/

Trump calls for a “path to citizenship” for illegal aliens.

The first pillar of our framework generously offers a path to citizenship for 1.8 million illegal immigrants who were brought here by their parents at a young age — that covers almost three times more people than the previous administration, Under our plan, those who meet education and work requirements, and show good moral character, will be able to become full citizens of the United States.”

The fourth and final pillar protects the nuclear family by ending chain migration. Under the current broken system, a single immigrant can bring in virtually unlimited numbers of distant relatives. Under our plan, we focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children. This vital reform is necessary, not just for our economy, but for our security, and our future.

A multi tier plan that looks functional and makes sense. I have no issue with immigrants, I do however have issue with illegal immigrants, aliens whatever you wish to call them.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im just going to go ahead and go out on a limb here and say that I doubt few people here would have been very cool with it if it had been Obama that had laid out a plan to:

generously offers a path to citizenship for 1.8 million illegal immigrants... that covers almost three times more people than the previous administration

In fact I'd even go so far as to say that there would have been a veritable shiatstorm.

That said--- I've gotta at least give props to the guys here that have stuck by thier guns, and said they want them OUT.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you are worrying or keying on the wrong thing...1.8 mill is a trap by Trump for the dimms, 3 times what they asked for and they still say no, extreme vetting, the wall, no chain migration, no lottery, no matte what the # ends up being it is a win win for the Country and a huge loss for the dimms

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Actually,
    IMG_0368.PNG
    https://apnews.com/e37867ab28704abfbd9ac3dc8ae9612d

There probably was a shitstorm, however, what if trump succeeds in getting congress too pass DACA and provide a(currently nonexistent) path for citizenship for recipients? Because President Obama couldn't, so what happens when a republican house and senate can(under "build the wall" Donald Trump)?

Which leads me too my conspiracy theory: if polls are correct most Americans want a permanent DACA fix and pathway, democrats want the same, President Trump said he does also for now and everyone's managed to anchor it too our monthly national spending money. I think the republicans planted that garbage truck as a last ditch effort to stall on DACA.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.PNG
      IMG_0368.PNG
      102.5 KB · Views: 107

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, we know it wasn't muslims, because no one was blown up. :brick:

Latest posts

Top Bottom