• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welsh72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When does i’ll Take it mean....i’ll Take it? You tell a seller you’ll take it , he sends u his number...you send him a time for pickup....crickets for 30 minutes then your told “sorry just sold”. Who does this?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve had this done to me by a seller who agreed to a deal then got a better offer.
    Two are at fault here - the seller and the buyer who knowingly went behind the original buyer’s back to outbid him.
    In my case, I told the guy at least now if somebody asks him what his integrity is worth, he has an answer - 20 bucks.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO: Your telling Seller you will take (buy) the item is only half the commitment towards a Deal. Did Seller only send his number to contact him (no deal yet, need both parties in agreement) or did Seller inform you he accepted your offer to buy the item (this would be a Gentleman's Agreement, a Deal pending actual transaction.

Some Buyers "I'll take it" come with additional buyer conditions: pending inspection, at lower price, after payday, when I sell my XXXX, when I get back in town(days, weeks), if you will drive XXX miles or deliver. Seller is not bound to accept add on conditions.

Sellers can refuse any I'll take it offer. Its his/her stuff. Some Sellers don't deal with buyers that don't have a "presents or reputation" on the Forum. This may be a certain amount of Posts, Buyer/Seller Reviews or a prior comment(s) made that the Seller decided he would not do
    transaction with a Member. A simple No thank you response is best, no need to kick up dust.

There are always two sides to a failed/bad deal. If your sure you did your part and other party committed, then sold it to someone else: read the instructions for the Buyers/Sellers Reviews and Post it. Good or bad PM the other party a heads up. He/she can respond in a timely manner if desired.

Other Members may have differen views on this topic but thats the general flow as I see it.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I looked at all 6 of your previous posts Aceman, and I didn't see an "I'll take it" in any of them. I saw a "PM sent". I like a public "I'll take it", myself - it means the buyer is willing to pay the asking price, and the seller has a serious buyer. "PM sent" just sounds like trying to hold something while negotiations are taking place.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To me, "PM sent" is simply someone that is trying to freeze other potential buyers out, while they negotiate a deal. Its meaningless, IMO.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A “PM Sent” to me just means he’s trying to get the seller to look at his PMs.
    90% of the time I look at this forum on my phone. I can’t look at PMs on my phone for some reason.
    If I’m selling something and I see “PM Sent”, I go to my computer and look up the PM.
    Used to be people would always go check out an item before committing to buy it.
    Nowadays people will say “I’ll Take It” before they see it in person and some don’t follow thru on the commitment.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IMHO: Your telling Seller you will take (buy) the item is only half the commitment towards a Deal. Did Seller only send his number to contact him (no deal yet, need both parties in agreement) or did Seller inform you he accepted your offer to buy the item (this would be a Gentleman's Agreement, a Deal pending actual transaction.

Some Buyers "I'll take it" come with additional buyer conditions: pending inspection, at lower price, after payday, when I sell my XXXX, when I get back in town(days, weeks), if you will drive XXX miles or deliver. Seller is not bound to accept add on conditions.

Sellers can refuse any I'll take it offer. Its his/her stuff. Some Sellers don't deal with buyers that don't have a "presents or reputation" on the Forum. This may be a certain amount of Posts, Buyer/Seller Reviews or a prior comment(s) made that the Seller decided he would not do
    transaction with a Member. A simple No thank you response is best, no need to kick up dust.

There are always two sides to a failed/bad deal. If your sure you did your part and other party committed, then sold it to someone else: read the instructions for the Buyers/Sellers Reviews and Post it. Good or bad PM the other party a heads up. He/she can respond in a timely manner if desired.

Other Members may have differen views on this topic but thats the general flow as I see it.

I agree... Posting I'll take it means nothing. Someone could have PM'd them already and had a deal. But if I was the seller and you said I'll take it and I had something in the works I would have told you just simple common courtesy.

I have bought stuff from here and never posted anything on the thread... Just Saying.

I don't feel as the seller (it's Sold) and as the buyer (you own it) until you are standing in front of each other looking at the item and money is in someones hand. LOL

Even eBay / Gunbroker. etc etc does not guarantee that you have bought or sold something those deals fall through all the time also.

Life goes on...

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As a seller, if someone claims a gun in a PM, I go directly to my ad and mark "SPF". If an item is listed publicly, information should be seamless, to avoid confusion. Especially on a friendly gun forum like this one.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I guess the question is - did the seller agree to your offer?
    When you said “I’ll come get it at such and such time”, did he say ok?
    He might have been working a deal with this other guy thru PMs before you came along or he might have just plain screwed you, hard to say without hearing both sides.
    That would make for some interesting reading in another thread - “Gun deals (or potential gun deals) that did not go right”.

Welsh72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the seller said was PM me. I did and asked if numbers match and if so I would take it. He said it was and sent me is phone number to text or call. I texted him back(not on forum)....great numbers matching I’ll take it..can I pick up Monday will be on your side of town. This was right after he texted me. Then I didn’t hear anything so I went back to look at post and someone had said I’ll take it on site..PM sent...after our conversation. 30 minutes he texts me sorry sold....whatever.

If he had said first I’ll take it on the forum I would understand...but he didn’t....just PM. Should have gotten the curdisey of vetting me out first or some explanation before moving to next buyer. Only thing I can think is other buyer gave more money or wanted to pick up now. I couldn’t do that.

Welsh72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess the question is - did the seller agree to your offer?
    When you said “I’ll come get it at such and such time”, did he say ok?
    He might have been working a deal with this other guy thru PMs before you came along or he might have just plain screwed you, hard to say without hearing both sides.
    That would make for some interesting reading in another thread - “Gun deals (or potential gun deals) that did not go right”.

I know for a fact I was before the other guy.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first I'll take it with out questions or qualifiers gets what I'm selling. As has already been said , the right to inspect at the time of sale is a given. I've held guns for two folks that had one excuse after another and will no longer play that game. The first man with the money takes the prize. I guess they just want to tie up the gun up while they make up their mind if it's a steal or not.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mmmm, I don’t know, if somebody posts “I’ll take it”, I expect them to take it as long as I didn’t misrepresent the condition in my ad.
    When they post that, it pretty much eliminates other potential buyers.
    If they post “I’ll take it pending inspection”, then they better get over here quick because until I have a firm commitment, it’s still for sale in my mind.

Welsh72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Totally understand what your saying. His stuff his rules. He can do what he wants...sell it to whomever. But I can still gripe about the way in which it was handled.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if I want something, I go to PM right away, say I want it, and usually post that I sent PM.

I do consider it my business if I buy an item or not, and do respect the privacy who I buy from, I
    do not post seller/buyer reviews, that is private IMHO, if the deal was bad and problems with it, that
    is different, but I have had no problems with anyone on this forum.

communication is key

recently, I made an error, I asked if the seller would take $100 less, as the price was close to a grand.

my error, I should have not offered less without seeing the item in person...maybe that is why I got no answer, to either the post, or the pm.

lesson learned, wait to negotiate when the item is in front of you

but, regardless, I don't get my drawers all in a wad if someone else gets the item if I was technically first...I probably didn't need to spend the money anyway..., and another will come along,
    it ain't worth making a fuss over

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In my particular case, if I send the seller a PM I am entering into negotiations with the seller. It could be that I am making an offer which is less than the asking price or I am offering something in trade. Since I m in negotiations I don't believe the entire forum members need to see the details on the negotiations. At that point in time it is between the seller and me.

Having said that, I haven't said in any form that "I'll take it". If the seller and I come to an agreement on the transaction than the seller should post something like SPF of trade pending.

Top Bottom