• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Long shot I know but I am in search of a 90-93 Chevy SS truck.

Looking for black in color and in stock configuration especially in appearance. If there are drivetrain upgrades that’s fine. AC/Heater must work. No rod knock, lifter tap etc. looking for a daily reliable driver

Long shot I know but maybe someone out there has one or knows someone that does.

PM details and cash price and we can go from there. Thanks

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Daily driver? Now that's a tall order. Best of luck in your quest.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol yeah maybe every day wouldn’t be too easy on the wallet with it sucking down so much fuel. It will get driven for sure though. Wanted one since I was a kid. Something about that nascar truck style really gets me. That and there is so much potential in a 454 and fairly easy to work on.
    Man I really hope I find one. Looked at auto trader, cars.com, Classic trader. By no means a rare vehicle as there are plenty out there from 10-30k. Just not very close but may have to make a trip and driver her home. The gas home would probably cost more than a plane ticket lol.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump on this long shot WTB. Dont know why I want one of these 454 SS trucks so bad. lol

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    As I remember, those 454's were turning out a whopping 230HP stock. Seems crazy low now, but it was cool back in the day. NICE LOOKING TRUCK.
    I've had the old truck bug for a while. Waiting for the right one to come along.
    Good luck with your search

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Kinda like the big block Dodge motors and big block Ford's. Lower HP but fairly high torque.
    Crappy gas milage but not a bad tow vechicle.
    Back in the day the military bought the older Jeep J-20 pickup trucks to haul bomb trailers around with. All the Navy magazine areas had them. They had a Dodge 383 in them with granny low that you could get just about walking speed out of.
    All of a sudden the Jeeps disappeared and was replaced by Dodge Power Wagons. They had a front AND rear PTO driven winch and a HUGE grill protector/ push bar.
    When these were phased out,I tried to buy one at a gov't sale but you had to buy them in "lots" of 10 or so. Bunches of these were bought by a New Mexico natural gas company to cruise their pipelines. ---- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yep, big torque and great workhorse. A little cam job and removing some smog equipment and youre up around 400hp with better gas mileage. But dont tell Al Gore.

Top Bottom