• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    News reported yesterday that a Fairhope PO left his firearms in his locked personal truck. During the night, it got broke into and 3 long guns stolen, even tho 1 firearm was a department issued AR. Didn't think much of it other than "What an Idiot".
    Then this mornings news, they reported the department issued AR was a full-auto AR. Just goes to show, doesn't matter who you are, there's always someone wanting what you have. So if you want to keep your stuff, leaving it in a locked vehicle is about the same level of security as a diary lock.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/373331...-stolen-from-off-duty-officers-personal-truck

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Think of a scenario where a Fairhope police officer would need and indeed use a AR selected to "AUTO". --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If there was a "Jubilee" on the Eastern Shore, and all the flounder and other fish were flopping around, an officer could make sure most of the fish didn't get back to deeper water.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Think of a scenario where a Fairhope police officer would need and indeed use a AR selected to "AUTO". --- SAWMAN

Pined down cause uncle jimmy beat the hell out of aunt susie,and lil jimmy dialed 911.Now uncle jimmy is pissed and starts shooting his ar he got from uncle bo at the first car that comes down the 200 yr drive way.Ill say it BITCH PLEASE DONT BE STUPID.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great answers all . . . but . . . ??? . . .
    BTW . . . nope,don't carry a gun. They scare me. --- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Most agencies have them and mp5's, full auto.

Yes a officer friend of mine was over the other day and showed me there weapons. Full Auto AR9 with 33 round Glock Mag. He said use to carry MP5 SD.

So they do carry full auto...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looks like nobody can come up with a scenario where a LEO would need to select "AUTO".
    Maybe this question should be asked of the guys that carry the weapons and have the ability to dump the mag in the general direction of some bad(or good) guys.
    Not saying there is not a reason . . . I just can't seem to come up with one. Apparently one shot per second in "SEMI" just wont do. ---- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks like nobody can come up with a scenario where a LEO would need to select "AUTO".
    Maybe this question should be asked of the guys that carry the weapons and have the ability to dump the mag in the general direction of some bad(or good) guys.
    Not saying there is not a reason . . . I just can't seem to come up with one. Apparently one shot per second in "SEMI" just wont do. ---- SAWMAN

I like Full Auto because it just straight out fun as Sh%$#... LOL

On a serious note I could see more of a need for 2 or 3 round burst over Full Auto. The Franklin Binary System gives you a two round burst...

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Fairhope Daphne and Baldwin county is part of the interstate drug task force so that's why they have them. I know cause my cousin in on the force. And I see them everyday.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AL is a different critter. In Florida, the SWAT guys have all the toys... so maybe the guy was on the SWAT team or like another said an interdiction team.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For specialized teams to do speciality work,in a "non-normal" environment their could (?) be a need to select "AUTO" I suppose.
    For Bruce and Ken . . . give this a try. - - -> Put up a man sized target (B57) at 25yds. Put a mag with 20rds in one of your sub guns. Assume the low ready. Quickly . . . come up,sights on target,safety off to "AUTO". Dump the 20 shots on target. Count the holes in target. How many in 10 ring or COM. How many on paper ??
    Remember also,this is with comfortable clothes on,NOT under stress,full daylight,warm WX,etc. Standing still also. Try this moving latterly and see what happens to them 20 shots. Also . . . with knowing exactly what you are going to do and what you are trying to accomplish.
    NOW . . . take a look at your target at the 25yd line. Can you think of any other weapon that you would rather have to accomplish the above ??? ---- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow Sawman, that's Cold. I bet there's lots of LEO's glad you are not in their departments. You're like taking the kids to a candy store and telling them they can't have anything. Besides, you never know when a pack of wild dogs or coyotes need to be taken out fast. Full Auto most likely won't get them all, if any, but damn, it'd be fun trying. Or maybe the NG goes rouge or Russia invades. At least they'll be trained and prepared. Who knows, maybe some will be proficient in FA?
    Reminds me of the sheriff department in a La. awhile back. When a La parish went to Co for a 2 wk Ski Trip using confiscated drug money (I-10 drug interdiction) that was to be used for LE training and equipment. When the news (20/20) got wind of it, that sheriff said it was used for training, and "IF" their parish ever got snowed in (hardly ever snows there), his officers would be prepared and be able to get around on snow skies. lmao So you just never know. :noidea:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,I know. You are right. COLD !! BUT . . . REALISTIC !!
    They need to do this at the FOP range before they toss the LEO a full auto gun. If he can quall with it,then fine,let him carry it.
    Remember gentlemen,you,your wife,and your kids are out there on the same streets as the weapons that our LEO's carry.
    I cringe every time I see them NYC transit officers standing around with them MP-5's. You should too . . IMO. ---- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Suppressive fire while maneuvering..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sooooooooo . . . . your saying that it is used for . . . kinda like unkle joe biden stated . . . just shoot it up into the air and the BG's will run off.
    OK . . . now I understand why the LEO's need the sub guns. Any other "legitimate" reasons besides that one ??--- SAWMAN

Top Bottom