• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chucker55

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The last couple of Hadji Temple shows have been in July.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got my fingers crossed that there will be another show at the Hadji Temple this year. My bank account and wife think otherwise though.

I bought 2 at the Fairgrounds but didn't sell anything either. Too much new stuff and not enough old for me. Deals were few and far between too.

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a question for you guys that go to these shows a bunch. Can I bring in a rifle and put a "for sale" flyer on it as I walk around? I have gone to the last several shows but never noticed anyone doing this, not that I was looking. I have an SKS my wife wants me to unload. Thought this would be a good chance to "try" to sell it. At least I can tell the wife I tried.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got a question for you guys that go to these shows a bunch. Can I bring in a rifle and put a "for sale" flyer on it as I walk around? I have gone to the last several shows but never noticed anyone doing this, not that I was looking. I have an SKS my wife wants me to unload. Thought this would be a good chance to "try" to sell it. At least I can tell the wife I tried.

I am sure you are ok with walking around with a gun for sale. What they don't like it the guys with a cart with guns and just sits in one spot and tries to sell. That's makes the guys mad that paid for booths.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You can surely do that. Many people do it including me.
    I have a wooden dowel with a piece of paper taped to the end(kinda like a mini flagpole) with a big red "FOR SALE" printed on it. I stick the dowel down the bbl and sling the rifle over my shoulder. --- SAWMAN

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can surely do that. Many people do it including me.
    I have a wooden dowel with a piece of paper taped to the end(kinda like a mini flagpole) with a big red "FOR SALE" printed on it. I stick the dowel down the bbl and sling the rifle over my shoulder. --- SAWMAN

Cool. Gonna do that. Shot in the dark here but do you think asking $450 for a Chinese spiker is too much? It's in great shape and I think it's from around '89. All the numbers match. I have seen some Yugos and Russians going for that much at the show that are not in as good a shape as mine, but I understand that those are more desirable.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I am not an authority on this particular type of firearm sir. There are those on this forum that know quite a bit about these guns and I am sure that they will be right along with info. --- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I saw a guy with a flag like you mention SAWMAN, he was selling a Steyr Aug and a few other items...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    BTW . . . Re. Georgia Arms at the Fairgrounds - - -> They had more different loadings of the 300BLK than I have ever seen before. Also some of the heavy bullets in 223/5.56. Great selections. --- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That was me. I had it priced at $375 . . . but no takers. ---- SAWMAN

Will certainly say hello next time. I am easy to spot with me the wife and 4 kids!

Have come to really like Georgia Arms ammo. Never had a hiccup with their stuff, and awhile back I got some of their 158gr +P+ for my .357 and wow are they great to shoot! 2 foot fireball, I call them my anti-vehicle rounds lol.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I like Georgia Arms, too. No price gouging on powder or primers during the recent shortage. When they were out, they were out...when they had some it was always regular price. I have a lot of respect for them because of this.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I bought a bag of 158gr full wadcutters for my snubby. At 750fps will make a good SD/HD load out of my 638. --- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah I got an ammo can full myself to train with since they are full recoil

Latest posts

Top Bottom