• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hope none of you guys go so I can have first crack at all the good shit.
    Will be looking for retro AR stuff. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Hey mac . . . why don't you try to sell your stuff to Dan that way the rest of the forum will have a crack at it in a couple months.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    With the XM177E2,depending on just how "retro" you want to get,the parts availability could get kinda tough and very expensive.
    Plus an EXACT reproduction would be damn near impossible. They can be bought every now and then from between $28,000 and $35,000 though. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    With the XM-177E2,depending on just how "retro" you want to get,the parts availability could get kinda tough and very expensive.
    Plus an EXACT reproduction would be damn near impossible. They can be bought every now and then from between $28,000 and $35,000 though. ---- SAWMAN

Yeah - genuine parts are few and far between. Personally I'm not a huge stickler on absolute correctness; I'll buy repros if they're available and of good quality. Too many irons in the fire right now to focus on that though - there's probably five or six other guns / projects in line ahead of that build.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    You mean I may find it very difficult to find ORIGINAL Mattel Vietnam era M16A1 parts for my Mattel build? Oh say it is not so.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce,think of that build as an "investment". You could win a lot of bets with that gun. ( Just like I have done with Glock 17 mag inserted in a Glock 19 gun. ) ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My Mattel mags will be two goats each.
    My "Bob Hope USO Show 1970" mags will be three goats each.
    My waffel steel mags . . . . . priceless. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I am going to go to see if I can unload an AR and maybe find some stuff for my retros. I am not going to hold my breath. I may end up leaving with what I walk in with. That is usually how it ends.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For what its worth they had a military discount available at the last show there, only a buck but every little bit counts! I had to ask for it, but they gave it to me and stamp my hand!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Re. the waffle mags above. - - -> Seems that I remember seeing a bunch of those mags thrown into a M80 grenade box.
    Nobody wanted to use them because they were said to be unreliable but the Sea Bee's used them in their guns (what model gun ??) that they carried on their dozers when pushing back the trees close in to a firebase.
    If they are made by Nodak Spud they gotta be a great mag. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Plinker,would like to try that mag in one of my guns at a later date.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Looks like I will be headed to the gun show in the morning and get there first thing. Taking two rifles ( a 20" A2 HBAR AR-15 and a SIG 526) with me. Hopefully, I will not leave with them. I just hope people show up with money and want rifles of this type and are willing to pay good money for them.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will be there with my usual $14.00 to spend. --- SAWMAN

Probably cost you have that to get in. I guess you can spend the rest at the snack bar. LOL

I think I will avoid the gun show this time and wait for the next hadji temple one. That one is worth going to.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just got back from the show.
    Got a few cleaning supplies. Very few AR mags. NO 20 shot. The 30's were steel with NO marking whatsoever. Quite a few AR's for sale but obviously the dealers have not heard about the guns on line for <$400. and <$500.
    The usual ammo guys were there but same for them. 420rds for $129. SHIPPED on line. They must have not got that info either.
    Just a couple of the older battle riflesl. Hardly any retro build stuff and most of it looked like shit.
    Saw a couple guys from the forum and bought some stuff from one of them.
    I will most definately be hitting the next show in Robertsdale and hopefully the Hadji guys will have one.
    I got the GCGF discount . . . $6.00. ---- SAWMAN

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Probably cost you have that to get in. I guess you can spend the rest at the snack bar. LOL

I think I will avoid the gun show this time and wait for the next hadji temple one. That one is worth going to.

Any idea when that might be?

Top Bottom