HD Tactical

????????? Firearm is advertised "NEW" ?????????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amd65

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :help:Am I the only one that gets confused when I see a firearm that is listed as new? Kings condition rating system has been around for years and is thought to be a lynch pin for rating a firearms condition. I always think of a vehicle, it can only be NEW once and that is when it is sold (titled). originally.

Any thoughts?

Kings Condition Rating System:

NEW: A gun given a grade of "new" looks just as it did when it left the factory and has never been sold at a retail store.

PERFECT: A “perfect” gun is literally as good as new, although it may have been sold in a retail store.

EXCELLENT: An “excellent” rating means the gun appears to be in perfect condition but may have had minor use.

VERY GOOD: A “very good” firearm is perfect mechanically but may have minor cosmetic blemishes.

GOOD: A rating of “good” indicates that the gun is in proper working condition but may show signs of wear.

FAIR: A “fair” firearm may or may not be in safe working order. It has not been test fired, only visually inspected. It may need repair or maintenance. SOLD AS IS, NO REFUNDS!

UNRATED: Unrated condition means this firearm has not been test fired, it may function perfectly or it may be in need of repair. Cosmetically it may be in very good to fair condition. You will need to look at the pictures and ask questions. SOLD AS IS, NO REFUNDS!

POOR: Our definition is: medium to heavy rust and pitting, wood badly scratched or gouged, may be cracked or broken. May not be in working order, may need repair. SOLD AS IS, NO REFUNDS!

PARTS OR REPAIR: Not in working order. These are sold for parts or repair, may not be repairable, may be missing parts or have broken parts. SOLD AS IS, NO REFUNDS!:help:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't let other people put words in my mouth. I can describe any thing I'm selling with out following some asshat system.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've bought guns on sale from a store before and never taken them out of their box before I've sold them. I sell as New in the Box and if someone wants to ask how long I've had it I'll tell them. Anybody buying from me is more then welcome to inspect before buying to verify condition.

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Never heard of it. Adjectives are useless. I want lots of good pics or else eyeball it so I can make my own assessment. However - "as new" makes sense to me whether this King fella approved it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’m aware of the King’s Rating System but have seen very few people ever use it.
    I don’t mind somebody rating a gun new even though it’s been sold previously at retail as long as it is just like it left the store.
    What I don’t like is people saying “New, shot less than 50 times.”

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have to find out what this word selling means...

I see a lot of people doing it. is it a coating or something?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Kings is the standard and GCGF has its own terminology, LNIB comes to mind, you sorta get use to it. Very few call the bought gun they are selling NEW unless they are saleing it..LOL Most are pretty clear here to each other, I never worry about it with the regulars but do watch the newbies closely. My guns even though you say I will take it and we meet it always has to pass your inspection before the deal is done, only fair. So far dealing with good members it has gone great.

We do all know a gun is only "NEW" once. Many buy and never shoot and leave in the box or test out a few rounds when they say new we know what they mean and it is usually said up front anyway.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    "New,shot for break in only",type verbiage is kinda troubleing for me. Just like "how many rounds thru it ??"
    Anything that I sell the potenyial buyer is most welcome to a complete inspection . . . as I am. --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It is all really subjective whether its King's or Blue Book. Beauty is usually in the eye of the beholder. It is good to have a standard even if the seller chooses not to use it.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always have a standard, if I don't like it I don't buy it.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I seldom have a problem with the way folks advertise their stuff, as long as there is enough information provided to be able to make sense of it. I think that most folks do their best to be accurate. I recently bought a Glock 24C on GunBroker. It was described as "LNIB." I was fine with the description...to me, this meant the gun had been previously sold, appears to have been used little, and should be in "like new" condition. When I received it, I wasn't really able to tell if it had been fired outside of the factory or not.

I believe that with any offer to meet & buy on a forum such as this, the fact that a hands-on inspection will be conducted should be a given.

Members online

Top Bottom