• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had read it is 4150 steel, which I understand is pretty good stuff. Dunno.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yep, 4150 is longer lasting in a bbl than 4140, about 10% longer in my experience. Thanks for the additional info.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My T91 flash hider/comp and T91 rear sight came in. Rear sight came with a shorter front sight (matches in height the T91 rear sight) which I needed to install, otherwise it shot Very low with the original Wolf front sight. Got it sighted in. Now Red and I are both waiting for more T91 buttstock assemblies to be imported from Taiwan so we can take the next step towards our T91 clones.

The Wolf upper feels very sturdy and has a different shooting "feel" than a regular DI AR15 type upper (to me it doesn't feel like I'm shooting an AR). One reviewer said it's built like a tank and runs like a sewing machine.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My T91 flash hider/comp and T91 rear sight came in. Rear sight came with a shorter front sight (matches in height the T91 rear sight) which I needed to install, otherwise it shot Very low with the original Wolf front sight. Got it sighted in. Now Red and I are both waiting for more T91 buttstock assemblies to be imported from Taiwan so we can take the next step towards our T91 clones.

The Wolf upper feels very sturdy and has a different shooting "feel" than a regular DI AR15 type upper (to me it doesn't feel like I'm shooting an AR). One reviewer said it's built like a tank and runs like a sewing machine.

It did shoot very smooth... Just about as smooth as the HK 93 clone I have. I would like to try my Gemtech M4-02 Suppressor on your wolf upper full auto.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My T91.......

I think your identifying the gas piston "impulse". The best I can explain it is a with DI AR you don't really feel the bolt/carrier cycle as a seperate "sensation" (other then the buffer/carrier sliding) from the recoil movement of the firearm. To me, based on Sig long, med,
    and short stroke gas piston systems: Gas Piston/ bolt (mechanically connected) give a distinctly seperate "double tap" during recoil. It may make you think the internals a "battering" but I have never found it. My gas systems are adjustable and if its a clean gun and you set it for more gas (dirty gun): the "double tap " will be more pronounced from cycling the system harder then needed. The T91 piston rod and bolt are not physically connected, I don't know if the piston rod just pushes the bolt carrier away to the rear or follows it staying in contact? At some point the the piston re seats in the gas port by spring or bolt movement which may or may not be at the same time the bolt locks in battery: double tap?

Trying to explain it makes it sound like a bucking bronco but its just a subtitle impulse difference that's long past when your working trigger reset. There are also a lot of difference in felt/precieved cycling with different gas piston systems: M1 Garand/M14, M1 Carbine, AK47, L1A1 ect... IMHO

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished up my T91 clone. Big thanks to Daezee for alerting me when the furniture finally came in. I feel it is an excellent rifle. The Taiwanese took the best of the M4 and made it their own. The T91 upper is imported from WPA and all you need as a correct flash hider/break and your choice of Taiwan carry handle or Daniel Defense type rear sight. I opted for the DD style sight in case I would like to put and optic in the future.

Little tid bits that set it apart from your standard M4 forgery. The T91 incorporates at break along with the birdcage flash hider. The buttsock feels a bit more robust and is only a 3 position. The castle nut is just a knurled nut needing a spanner wrench to tighten. There is no forward assist. Unfortunately WPA doesnt not import them with the bayo lug and small bit of rail under the FSB. No bigge if you dont plan on using it.

Mounting a bipod is still easy enough if you wanted to. Barrel material though not chrome lined is 4150 Nitride treated or somthing so good stuff as I understand it. I hear most tend to put out 1.5 - 2 MOA which is not bad at all IMO.

Pistol grip has a bit of a different angle to it as well. Which you'll either love or hate. My intent was just to get as close to original as posible since this is just a plinker.

Flawless function so far. Have yet to dial it in at a good 100m zero. Like others said it feels a bit different from a DI rifle but nothing crazy. Maybe a tiny bit heavier due to the robust piston system but I would take a little more weight for a dedicated piston AR anyday. Not dogging DI guns, its just a dated design, and if the Taiwanese new well enough to keep the good from the platform and ditch the outdated, that says something.

Overall a fun build and a fun rifle to shoot. If you are a reliablity hound and like clean running guns the WPA upper may be for you. You can slap it on any AR lower and GTG or make a T91 clone just for fun. Mine eats everything thrown into her which makes me happy. I cannot stand weapons that are picky with their ammo.

Cheers fellas.

Top Bottom