• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem is that the phrase "rate increasing devise" is not defined. Does this mean higher capacity magazines? A lighter trigger pull, better sights? T

StrangerDanger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I guess dis connectors will have to be welded in aswell on any AR platform?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    "Rate increasing devices" are devices that increase the rate of fire like binary triggers and bump-fire stocks.

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Let’s be honest though, with the ATFs unique ability to create laws at will, we’re pretty much at their mercy. Not to mention the treasonous willingness by many, including NRA, to give them an inch after Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Let’s be honest though, with the ATFs unique ability to create laws at will, we’re pretty much at their mercy. Not to mention the treasonous willingness by many, including NRA, to give them an inch after Vegas.

Remember, the ATF creates regulations, not laws. Where they really fail is that their definitions are ambiguous at times and lend toward confusion and open interpretations. This is why there has been so many memos on the brace/support devices. In addition, people are making their own interpretations about these regulations and memos and that is where problems lie as well. Unfortunately, the ATF has approved certain devices when they maybe should not have. All they did was open up a can of worms and create more issues than there should have been. Recently, I read this: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ATF-2018-0001-0001

That may interesting to some. To me, this is a response to solve a problem that never should have been to begin with. Had the ATF never approved bump-fire stocks, in this case, this action would not even be proposed.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So we’re giving them an inch that we never should’ve had in the first place. I disagree, but can see that argument.
    However, there’s much more on the line...

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    So we’re giving them an inch that we never should’ve had in the first place. I disagree, but can see that argument.
    However, there’s much more on the line...

To many, there does seem to be much more on the line. There is a perceived infringement on the 2nd Amendment by many. You have to realize that not everyone who owns a firearm is responsible nor law-abiding. Not everyone desires or needs devices to allow them to shoot a firearm at a higher rate of fire. Unfortunately, there are people who had done things that have impacted others in a negative way in that it can be perceived as an infringement. The ATF has made some decisions that has gotten some firearms owners spoiled in that they have been able to buy gimmicky devices of which they have used in less responsible ways. The sad fact is that I, nor many of you, can control what the idiot firearm owners out there do. What they do definitely impacts the rest of us and when the ATF comes out with a new regulation or memo to address the misuse of certain products, it makes the ATF the bad guys. The 2nd Amendment says that our right to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. It does, however, say nothing about certain accessories for our firearms. The National Firearms Act of 1934 and 1968, including the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968, are the real stumbling blocks for the 2nd Amendment where our rights to gun ownership are being infringed.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    And pretty soon, certain accessories, like 30 round magazines, may very well not be allowed because if you pull the trigger too quickly, it acts like a machine gun. And if you do that, you’re a felon, so banning 30 rounders is really for your own protection. Keeps you out of trouble...
    Like 34, 68 and 86, it’s just another step.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    And pretty soon, certain accessories, like 30 round magazines, may very well not be allowed because if you pull the trigger too quickly, it acts like a machine gun. And if you do that, you’re a felon, so banning 30 rounders is really for your own protection. Keeps you out of trouble...
    Like 34, 68 and 86, it’s just another step.

I would avoid going out on a limb and speculating anything as such.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I would avoid going out on a limb and speculating anything as such.
    If an arbitrary rate of fire is selected, 30 rounders would inevitably be a crucial part of what makes that possible.
    But then, people will care and maybe then we can unite as a community, but by then the ink might be too try.
    In the meantime, I’ll just enjoy my steel case shooting bumpfire brace, while I weep for the second amendment.
    Wait, I have no such thing, neither does one exist, though if it did, it would be legal.

But that’s not the point AT ALL... right?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The big issue I see in front of them is they have no mandate legal or otherwise to control rate of fire other than one bullet per trigger squeeze. In order to do what they are proposing they would need to re-write NFA and redefine machinegun.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We just need to contact ATF and make professional comments about our position. Calm deliberate discourse is what we need to do, no rants and certainly no threats.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jerry Miculek is far from the only one who can shoot fast, albeit he does it far more precisely
    than most others can hope to ;)

However, bumpfire can be achieved by doing nothing more than sticking your finger in a beltloop
    and firing away...some folks also use a Rubber Band to get the Bumpfire Effect...

Thing about bumpfire is that it is so dang imprecise, that the Las Vegas Shooter actually found
    the literal Fish In a Barrel situation where it WOULD be useful to spray rounds...into a large crowd,
    from above...where nobody could shoot back for an extended period of time.
    Which probably means you won't be seeing a whole lot of concerts near tall buildings anymore...
    It'd also be a bad time if someone got a room in NY and sprayed the ball drop on New Years Eve.
    Large crowds are a target now. Bad Guys will use guns, bombs, trucks, and anything they can
    to cause as much carnage as possible, and EVERY American is a TARGET, and has been for several
    decades now.

Not only are we at War with Terrorism, Terrorism is Most Certainly at War with US.
    Are you Aware, bruh?

Attachments

• virgin.jpg
      virgin.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 119

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We just need to contact ATF and make professional comments about our position. Calm deliberate discourse is what we need to do, no rants and certainly no threats.

So long as 2 million duplicate comments from foreign isp's don't support the action.

And BigShrek, large crowds have always been a Target.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't believe for one second that this gun grabber/ ATF initiative will be constrained to bump stock or cranks. Be it BATFEtrying to expand its power or politicians wanting t dump everything but antique muzzle loaders into the ban, registration or restriction.

"We" use the defensive arguement that bump fire can be achieved without the addition of bump stocks. Grabbers and some politician's intent is to stop that type of firing and that can not be done without eliminating semi-automatic firearms. The sub set "compromise" would be to deliberately slow it down, mechanical limit or reduction in feed devices.

This issue is Pandora' Box.

Top Bottom