• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BTW McCain is a first rate ass from personal experience.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I have personal experience with him or anyone else on the Hill.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ALL LIBERAL LIES, you watch too much mainstream FAKE NEWS! That has all been debunked and proven lies so next? TRUMP 2020!

Got some links to show where all of that has been debunked, or do we just have to take your word for it? Serious question here.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First - not a Democrat. I am a Republican....

An uncle of mine who lives in south Florida is a lifelong Republican. He decided to run for city council but in his area of Florida a Republican would not get elected to the city council so he changed his registration to democrat and got elected. When his term was up he did not want to run again so left office and changed his registration back to Republican.

For the 2 years or whatever it was that he was a city councilman he was no more a democrat than you are a Republican. Party affiliation has nothing to do with how you are registered it's in the thought process, or in the case of democrats, lack of thought process.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After reading all of this, it is interesting to me how politics divides people. I wonder who that benefits?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    :focus:

OP:Procedural vote fails

These stupid b......s have done it. Govt shutdown pending. Who of us has to go back to work with no guarantee of getting paid? Welfare recipients don’t. Their checks will not be affected. Neither will Congress’. How’s that for fair.

and so far, we have veared into trump's golf days, (anyone remember 17 day obamba Hawaii vacations), and other assorted deflections (typical liberal tactic, bring other things in the dicussions to take away focus on OP), who is a democrat or republican(seems to me, if it quacks like a duck, it usually is a duck), and talk about military readiness....

anyone read alinsky lately?

I think I will go massage my man parts again...btw, that was some funny moderating, and spoton​

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    . Party affiliation has nothing to do with how you are registered it's in the thought process, or in the case of democrats, lack of thought process.

I am definitely more liberal than the more vocal members of this board. That does not change the fact that I am a Republican registered as such since 1984. From my point of view the current version of the party is so far to the right of Reagan that he would have been called a RINO.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am definitely more liberal than the more vocal members of this board. That does not change the fact that I am a Republican registered as such since 1984. From my point of view the current version of the party is so far to the right of Reagan that he would have been called a RINO.

And the democrat party is so far to the left of JFK that he would be thrown out of the party, big deal!

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it is a big deal so . . . . back at you :)

Ronald Reagan is idolized by the current Republicans. But they don't seem to remember that in 1986 Reagan gave legal status to all illegal immigrants who were here before 1982. Here is a quote from the article

"Still, the administration's major themes remain unaltered: in a plan that already is producing odd political alignments, the White House would confer eventual legal status on millions of aliens now considered illegals, create a "guest worker" program for Mexicans that some critics are calling "institutionalized serfdom"—and for the first time, penalize employers who break the rules."
    http://www.newsweek.com/reagan-immigration-reform-and-control-act-1986-641806

This law gave legal status to some 3 million illegal immigrants.

Here is a quote from Reagan:

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," Ronald Reagan said in 1984.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128303672

How do you think Reagan would vote in connection with DACA? I believe he would vote to give them amnesty.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reagan signed the largest tax cut in the history of the country in his first year. However a year later when the expected economic boom did not occur, he then reversed course and signed the largest tax increase in the history of the country. Here are some links:

"1982: The most significant tax increase Reagan signed was also the first. The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 (yes, another law with a very sexy name) increased taxes by almost 1 percent of GDP.

The 1982 tax increase was "probably the largest peacetime tax increase in American history," said economist Bruce Bartlett, who advised Reagan on domestic policy and then worked as Treasury deputy assistant secretary for economic policy in the George H.W. Bush administration. (An analysis by Jerry Tempalski, an analyst in the Office of Tax Analysis with the U.S. Department of the Treasury, agrees.)
    This law was driven by pressure to attack the federal budget deficit, as well as the impression that Reagan’s tax-cutting was partially responsible for lower-than-expected tax revenues."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...n-colbert-brings-ronald-reagans-tax-raising-/

"President Reagan raised taxes eleven times over the course of his presidency, all in the name of fiscal responsibility, but the overall tax burden went down during his presidency."
    Reaganomics - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All members of both parties own this. They've been band aiding and funding the the gov one month at a time for how long now?
    There was talk Friday morning of a 6 day resolution so they could work through the weekend to pound out a one month resolution. That was the last ditch effort. A weekend extension.

Forget an actual budget.

The only ones who had an excuse were the freshmen, and after last night they all have a shut down under their belt. This isn't about DACA, or a wall, or immigration. Those are excuses for not doing their jobs. No one wants too cut social programs, the military or defense spending. The republicans big idea was cut ACA funding(something like 1800$ per person enrolled per year savings) and cut corporate taxes.
    Helluva tightening the belt there.

The republicans blame Shumer, Shumer blames trump, and trump blames immigrants. Everyone's pointing fingers but noones getting shit done. If a man ran his finances like congress runs out nations we would all call him a fool and expect him to file bankruptcy any minute.

Well said Sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The legislation was better known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, named for its sponsors, Simpson and then-Rep. Romano Mazzoli, D-Ky.The problem with the 1986 law was that the promised enforcement didn’t occur, but the amnesty did, Meese said.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you think Reagan would vote in connection with DACA? I believe he would vote to give them amnesty.

I think he would realize what a mistake he made in 84 and vote against DACA and/or amnesty.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think he would realize what a mistake he made in 84 and vote against DACA and/or amnesty.

Maybe, maybe not. However, one thing is certain, whatever his position on this issue, he would inform the congressional leadership and would not waffle or play games.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe, maybe not. However, one thing is certain, whatever his position on this issue, he would inform the congressional leadership and would not waffle or play games.

Hahahahha, I'm not a Trump fan other than I love the fact that he drives liberals insane.............eeerrrrr more insane.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the senate passes it as well, and if the president signs it, then it's only for 2 and a half weeks. After that, we get to do all this all over again.

Do other countries do this?

Top Bottom