• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi guys I may have posted already a while back but couldn’t find it.

I have a complete circle 10 Bulgarian AK74 kit. Barrel already drilled for pin and headspaced on trunnion. I want to upgrade the garbage receiver that is on there now to a nice morrissey one I have just iching to have these parts put on it.

If anyone out there has the tools and know how, or can recommend a shop you trust I would love to get this thing put back together.

Thanks

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good luck with your build....from what little Ive seen on the internet, the only thing I would not have a clue doing is pressing the barrel in, I guess you need special tools and a 20 ton press. As an aircraft structural mechanic, the riveting looks easy to me, again with the proper tools as I'm pretty sure that I don't have any bucking bars that fit inside of that receiver. Ive bucked about a million rivets on C-130's and CH-53E's in the last 35 yrs. Tooth Tool and Engineering sells a set of hand rivet heads (rivet jaws) you swap out on a 24" bolt cutter that looks to be able to do all of the trunion rivets. I may pick those up to fill the empty holes in the Saiga I have when I convert it to the AK pistol grip version vs it as it is, a rifle. Best of luck and keep us all posted...

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Ric-san brings up a good point. Toth Tools has the rivet jaws, and they also have a tool set where you can do the whole build without a press if you decide you want to try to tackle it on your own. If you have other things that a press might be useful for, it might be a worthy investment - I didn't so I never bothered. If you get it done up with the Toth set, you could always just turn around and sell the tools if you don't want to do more builds. Guys over on AK Files would probably eat them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom