• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been watching the TV show Strike Back on Cinemax - it is an excellent modern day special forces type show, with amazing gun handling, stories, and acting.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't forget the boobs in almost every episode. But seriously, that was a great show. Always had good intense action scenes. And pretty realistic weapon handling. No 20 shot revolvers. Hated when it ended.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they have created a season six with completely new cast, so far the reviews are very poor. I have not seen this latest season.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Strike Back season 6 rubbish
    jcoxliverpool7 November 2017
    After looking forward to Strike Back, I was very disappointed with pathetic introduction of the characters and the story. The quality of the production was amateurish, the visual quality no where near as good as previous years. Characters forced in a poor attempt to mimic the originals. Should have been more of a flow from the last episode of season 5.
    15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No | Report this
    1/10
    paul haornsby
    dufftech17 November 2017
    And the same military adviser is no other that a Paul Hornsby, A walter mitty caught by a group called The Walter Mitty Hunters Club HQ, This guy has claimed to be British sas,sbs 14int and so on, His on set military skills are too far fetched and detectable by trained British soldiers, this complete idiot has Eszter Bánfalvi holding a rifle with the acog sight rite to the front of the scope mounting bracket, so she must have a telescopic eye to be able to see through it. get a new adviser he is a well knows load of rubbish.
    7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No | Report this
    2/10
    Another one gone from my watch list.
    john-marchant-769-3747217 November 2017
    I noticed this creeping in in Season 5 and now its even worse in Season 6.

Another show sacrificed on the altar of political correctness.

Here are a few FACTS for you, most people on the front line in these sorts of things are men, very few women, certainly not in combat roles and certainly not in SF roles.

Yes there are women in combat roles and they serve with distinction but according to Strikeback, it's now 50/50 which is of course far from the truth.

I guess the producers of this show are trying to curry favour with more women and a more diverse audience. Well you have failed, my wife used to love this program, after watching Episode 1 of Season 6 she was laughing all the way through.
    14 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No | Report this
    This isn't anymore Strike Back!
    opinionated-alchemist8 November 2017
    Let's first of all get this out of the way: I am not a sexist (as some reviewers seem to be) - neither am I somebody, who is resistant to change.

Yes - I actually enjoyed most of the cast, which was growing in several seasons. And yes - I thought also , that the story became more and more ridiculous.

One thing, which only changed to the better though in Strike Back was the action. It really seemed, that the cast and the stunt coordinator in previous Strike Back seasons were intensely instructed by real soldiers. Their gun movements (e.g. changing mags), overall the action sequences, even the trash talks seemed to bring you really in the mood to see another episode and another episode - and threw you into a dark hole, when the season was going to end.

This has changed now. We have been gifted a typical American soldier - action series. Actions, a (reasonable elite) soldier would never do... but there is a lot of man vs man drama. Please remind me, why the producer found it a good idea to call it Strike Back?

Another problems seems a bit that both protagonist seem to have familiar faces, without being known. One like a bigger and more brawny Bradley Cooper, the other like Jeremy Renner with a bit more sense for hair fashion.

No - I don't mean, that they are as bad with their weapon handling like the stars of typical 80's and 90's Hollywood productions (looking at you, Stallone and at you Schwarzenegger). But honestly, a military series have to build on military mannerisms - gun handling, talk, discipline, and the 90's are long gone.

So no -Strike Back hasn't be revived. It has been buried deep into the ground. And the new season is just a cheap interpretation of the original. Very sad.
    7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No | Report this

1/10
    they destroyed the strike back
    raamin007 x5 November 2017
    Warning: Spoilers
    6/10
    New Crew, still a fun show
    fear-2285413 November 2017
    The 2 guys from season 2-5 were hysterical and well trained in military tactics, weapon handling and trash talking. This season's actors/actresses don't have a clue there, but the show is still a fun action military genre. We will see how the season progresses. Hopefully the cast gets more training in weapons and tactics, and stop looking like the first time they handled a firearm was a week before production started. The dialogue needs to improve as well.
    3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No | Report this
    1/10
    Going down.
    Glasgow Guy24 December 2017
    Warning: Spoilers

8/10
    What's with all the Sexisim?
    Poppa-Bird8 November 2017
    Some reviewers here seem to have short memories about the make-up of the team in previous series where women have played prominent roles. Not least in season 5 where 50% of the team were women; sound familiar to some of the complaints aimed at this series?.

Anyway, I am enjoying the reappearance of the show because it is basically a feel good action TV programme. My one complaint would be why have they got a US Black Hawk helicopter delivering the team rather than the Lynx or Bell 212 which are actually used by the British Army? Despite that, I for one will continue watching the series, it's fun.
    3 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No | Report this

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yep.............LOTS OF BOOBS................ VERY FINE BOOBS.....DID I SAY.........LOTS OF BOOBS?

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have no idea.

but
    LOTS OF BOOBS................ VERY FINE BOOBS.....DID I SAY.........LOTS OF BOOBS?

Top Bottom