• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I ran across some reviews of the ATI (Philippines made) full-size 1911 .45 ACP military model, and it got mostly quite favorable comments. I was bored & hadn't bought a gun in over a week, so I ordered one yesterday. The wife is from Philippines, so I figured heck, I'd see how well they can make a budget 1911. At $346 delivered I figured it was worth the risk. I already own a Les Baer "Boss" .45 and a "home made" Colt Gold Cup, & I'm certainly not expecting it to compare favorably with them, but it should be fairly nice & functional. Looking forward to delivery ...does anyone here have experience with ATI?

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I received the pistol yesterday, and I'm actually quite impressed with the quality. The fit & finish are surprisingly good, the trigger is light & crisp, and slide to frame fit is tight. I fired about 100 rounds through it last evening at the local indoor range. The pistol is accurate and functioned 100% reliably with both Ball and lead SWC ammo. I find it amazing that it cost me under $370, including my FFL dealer's fee.
    Jmna35ll.jpg

Attachments

• Jmna35ll.jpg
      Jmna35ll.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 239

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks great, nice review. Not a 1911 guy but looks like they modeled it after the original down to the lanyard loop. If they had discreet markings I think I would pick one up. Its just me, I do not like roll marks on any gun, whether Les Baer or Taurus.

For the price point seems to be a really cool 1911. Filipinos are no strangers to making guns too, watched a Youtube video on Philippine homemade 1911's, pretty neat.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Looks great, nice review. Not a 1911 guy but looks like they modeled it after the original down to the lanyard loop. If they had discreet markings I think I would pick one up. Its just me, I do not like roll marks on any gun, whether Les Baer or Taurus.

For the price point seems to be a really cool 1911. Filipinos are no strangers to making guns too, watched a Youtube video on Philippine homemade 1911's, pretty neat.

Not too be a nit picker, but that's not a copy of the original, but a copy of the A1.
    The originals have a shorter tang, longer trigger, no relief around the trigger gaurd and a flat mainspring housing. I also believe the ejection port isn't lowered and flared, but I've seen camercial A1's where they weren't either so idk.

And remember: if a armscor doesn't run unless their Wilson mags, it's stacked tolerances. If a Wilson only runs on Wilson mags, it's precision machinery.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Thanks. I think the markings are overkill too, but that's how they come. I think I saw the same video...Guys producing some pretty nice looking 1911s in a shack in the jungle.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Speaking of markings, I think the ones on my Les Baer look pretty good, but that's just me :smile:
    Baer-Boss-L.jpg
    Baer-Boss-r.jpg

Attachments

• Baer-Boss-L.jpg
      Baer-Boss-L.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 197
    • Baer-Boss-r.jpg
      Baer-Boss-r.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 196

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is a nice looking pistol.. I was thinking of getting one of the Titan models.. Always liked the "officer" look

Just a question does it take regular colt 45 magazines??

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    That is a nice looking pistol.. I was thinking of getting one of the Titan models.. Always liked the "officer" look

Just a question does it take regular colt 45 magazines??

Thanks. I've used (in addition to the one that came with the pistol) OEM Colt, Chip McCormick, Brownell's and Les Bear mags successfully. Oddly, the old gov't contract mags (the ones that came wrapped in the silver paper) don't want to work in it. If you get one, please let us know how you like it. I like the compact, too, but already have a Colt lightweight Officer's model in .45.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oddly, the old gov't contract mags (the ones that came wrapped in the silver paper) don't want to work in it. .

May I ask why, As in will not feed?? Magazines will not lock in ??

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    That particular mag seems to sit high in the pistol. Will only engage the mag catch by pushing up hard, and only if the slide is open (no resistance from the bottom of the slide?). Then, the slide can't be released. The other mags work fine so I haven't yet taken the time to more closely examine the issue.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many thanks for the detailed review..

ha ha now if you had set that group of magazines in front of me an said.. which one will cause issues.. I never would have guessed that one..
    Live and learn..

Again many thanks

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Many thanks for the detailed review..

ha ha now if you had set that group of magazines in front of me an said.. which one will cause issues.. I never would have guessed that one..
    Live and learn..

Again many thanks

My pleasure to review the pistol. I'm with you, I figured those mags would work without question. The OEM Colt mags work perfectly so I'm not sure just what the issue is. I've read reviews complaining that the mag provided with the pistol didn't work well but mine worked just fine. I'm very pleased with the pistol.

Top Bottom