Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Thread: Recent Hunts

Recent Hunts

Well my son has left for Air Force Basic so I hit the field to ease my mind.

A couple weekends ago I started off behind the house calling crows... we smashed a few.

Then I decided to ride out to the ranch and I managed to shoot a few more.

While calling I noticed something about 400 yards out in the cow pasture coming in fast, my first thought was a coyote. I eased to the ground flat as a pancake and swapped out two High-brass #6 for two 00 Buck. As it got to within about 60 yards I could see it was a BobCat. First two rounds got it running right towards me and when she got about 20 yards out she turned broadside and that #6 load rolled her. She was apparently coming to the crow distress call.

After taking some pics and milling around for ten minutes or so I started walking back to the truck. I just so happened to look back from where the cat came and saw several small black dots... PIGS! I quickly put all my stuff in the truck and grabbed about five more 00Buck as I had no rifle with me. A LONG walk around the woods and I popped out in the field where they were... three of them with their faces in the dirt. I walked within SG range (50 yards) and smoked two of them.

Then a couple days ago I was putting out some corn for this weekend when I came upon a large group. It was bot-action fun to say the least. Got these three...

Been waiting on a Pulsar XP-50 since mid November, can't wait until it gets here.

Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man. Member American Snipers Assoc.; National Tactical Officers Assoc., Florida SWAT Assoc., International Assoc of LE Firearms Instructors., and the NRA.

45 ACP
    Thats some fun there!

3. Likes capt.joe's Post:

9MM
    Nice! Filling the freezer.

5. Likes tradgear's Post:

you are one killing fool, good going!
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

7. Likes FrankT's Post: