Comments on Hungarian FEG AMD 63 AK variant...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well it seems I kinda got the AK bug...I looked online for what AK's cost nowadays and see the majority of N-Paps and WASRs are around mid $ 550's. Gone are tha days of the MAK-90's for $199 like in the late 80's- early 90's pre Clinton ban. I read almost every posting in this section to get a feeling for who's buying what and why. I still have my Norinco SKS, and after being deployed world wide and having seen the AK pretty much everywhere, maybe nows the time to get one before the prices go up again. So I look around the net and come across the Hungarian FEG AMD 63 at Classic Firearsm for $430 right now...yes at first glance with the mirror image handgrips looks ugly as sin, but pretty much every review I read says this is the real deal, put together well to be compliant with importation. So what say you about this AK variant as a first buy...?
    Lastly why is it that America can put a few men on the moon, but can't build a entry level AK-47 that isn't a piece of shit, when deaf mute folks in the mountains of Pakistan make them by hand in a sweat shop with a ball peen hammer, and they run fine...? Just wondering here....

Rick

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would have no qualms about buying one. Don’t let the price fool ya, you are getting an FEG built receiver and parts. The ugly handguards and such are pretty correct to the original Hungarian issue rifle.
    You can’t go wrong with a foreign made receiver and parts. Weakest part being the US barrel, but the US FCG is usually pretty good. For the price it’s awesome. If you Google image the military issue version you’ll see this example is very close. They were made as an sbr to start so there is a difference in barrel length and where the fsb is mounted but other than that it is a fine copy.
    If ya got the folding stock version and a couple of 20rd mags you’ll be really close at feg’s original look.
    If ya end up picking one up let us know what ya think of it. I honestly would buy one if it weren’t Christmas time, ya know how that goes

Top Bottom