• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    was just watching a Hickok45 you tube video demonstrating a .44mag with 2 pistols with different length bbls and a Marlin lever w/ 20" bbl...interesting stuff. Now I better understand the difference between a faster vs slower burning powder and why it is important.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have no clue when I can get Hands on these but I'll do $490 OTD. PM if you're interested

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The keltec takes Glock mags. They have been and awhile.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

But the KelTec Sub-2000 won't lock open on the last round, it has a very low set of sights (cheek weld is somewhere between your upper teeth and lower eye-socket), and your optics must be creatively attached or quick-release friendly in order to use the unique fold-away feature. Forget about reversing the charging handle or mag release. It's a cool carbine, but it has some drawbacks.

The Beretta CX-4 is the closest solid 9mm carbine in the same blowback design arena.
    The CX-4 is very smooth to shoot, and very accurate. The charging handle and ejection are reversible (together or one or the other). But the CX-4 doesn't have a take-down feature (other than field strip disassembly), it takes Beretta magazines (Beretta PX pistol or 92 mags, so at least they aren't difficult to get or overly expensive), and you'll have pay extra to get that barrel threaded from someone other than Beretta.

As for the trigger group, it doesn't look like it's a straight up BX trigger, but some early reviews said almost 80% of the components were shared with the 10/22.

Also, Gunblast's review said he measured the trigger pull at 4 pounds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really hope it catches on and the aftermarket puts out stocks and doo-dads for it. It's a little fugly as is. Bet a ruger integral suppressor like the one for the 10/22 is in the works.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The Beretta is neat, but the big heavy bolt makes it move around too much. Blowback, while simple, is also sensitive and dirty.
    I am extremely happy with my Zenith.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Beretta is neat, but the big heavy bolt makes it move around too much. Blowback, while simple, is also sensitive and dirty.
    I am extremely happy with my Zenith.

The Zenith MP5 is an awesome little compact package and with HK's roller lock blowback system!!!

The Beretta is cool too and I really don't even shoot it that much. I almost SBR'ed it but never did just threaded the barrel.

I just like having multiple weapons that use the same mag. I have the 92F so had to get a Beretta Storm that takes the same mags. Gemtech threaded both barrels the 92F and the Storm.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ken likes to thread everything, so he’ll appreciate my current project, even if nobody else does. Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ken likes to thread everything, so he’ll appreciate my current project, even if nobody else does. Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing some pictures or something? What is this threaded project? Sounds interesting.
    Also, I got an email that FLT responded about a 9mm bolt gun, but I don't see that post. I'm wondering if I've got a forum setting jacked up.

For what it's worth, there's a 22TCM conversion to 9mm called the Novem 9...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Am I missing some pictures or something? What is this threaded project?.
    I haven’t posted about it yet. Im waiting on one last part and I’ll start a thread about it once it’s finished.
    It’s really something quite ordinary but with MY very personal spin on it. Ken will get a kick out of it though.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Am I missing some pictures or something? What is this threaded project? Sounds interesting.
    Also, I got an email that FLT responded about a 9mm bolt gun, but I don't see that post. I'm wondering if I've got a forum setting jacked up.

For what it's worth, there's a 22TCM conversion to 9mm called the Novem 9...

I wasn't sure I should post about it in this thread, but I'd love a bolt gun like a 77-357 . a 77-9mm would be the cats meow. I'd pre order 2 or 3. To my knowledge there isn't a factory 9mm bolt gun. The guy that did the Novem conversions has stopped because he can't get the actions any more. A friend has one and it's a low quality action in my opinion . But it is quite when suppressed.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven’t posted about it yet. Im waiting on one last part and I’ll start a thread about it once it’s finished.
    It’s really something quite ordinary but with MY very personal spin on it. Ken will get a kick out of it though.

Can't wait or was it something you talked about or showed me last time I was over???

And yes if it an't got threads I don't want it. LOL

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wasn't sure I should post about it in this thread, but I'd love a bolt gun like a 77-357 . a 77-9mm would be the cats meow. I'd pre order 2 or 3. To my knowledge there isn't a factory 9mm bolt gun. The guy that did the Novem conversions has stopped because he can't get the actions any more. A friend has one and it's a low quality action in my opinion . But it is quite when suppressed.

Hadn't seen a firsthand review. Thanks.
    I agree about a bolt gun in 9mm being fun. If the new PC Carbine bolt-to-receiver design is similar to the 10/22, but "better", there might be a way to selectively lock the bolt shut after chambering a round. Then it could effectively be a bolt action. The various methods to accomplish the same effect on a 10/22 may not be robust enough for a 9mm blowback. Here's hoping...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Spotted in the wild already, at Jimmy's in Fort Walton Beach. Very nice carbine.

"Heavy" barrel (not pencil), with strong flutes. Threaded muzzle and removable o-ring for thread protector retention. Bolt locks open manually like a 10/22 with the blade in front of the trigger guard (didn't have a mag to test the LRBHO). Bolt also releases with a slight rearward pull on the charging handle, so no need for awkward two-handed tango like a stock 10/22. Dimensions are almost an exact match to the 10/22 TD. Fore-end piece was within about 1/4". Receiver was very similar, but maybe 3/4" longer from trigger guard to the TD face/mechanism. Would likely fit easily in the 10/22 TD bag. Adjustable rear sight; fixed front. Both robust. Charging handle is comfortable to grab with one finger, and there is a threaded socket on the opposite side, presumably to make swapping very easy. Bolt tracks smooth and feels like it has some weight, like a Beretta CX-4.

Overall, looks like a lot of bang for your buck. Little Jack's is the best deal I've seen. Just waiting for the supply to catch up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom