• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Count me in on one...all previous manufactured 9mm/45ACP carbines are out of manufacture (Marlin Camp Carbine, etc).

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned the original ruger PC-9 9mm carbine for years , one of my favorite guns. Since it is built basically on the Garand style action , it can also be Full Auto with modifications and appropriate legal restrictions. I haven't done it but there are a bunch on youtube. I might even be interested in selling mine if there was an interest

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned the original ruger PC-9 9mm carbine for years , one of my favorite guns. Since it is built basically on the Garand style action , it can also be Full Auto with modifications and appropriate legal restrictions. I haven't done it but there are a bunch on youtube. I might even be interested in selling mine if there was an interest $650

Doe's yours take Glock magazines?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn, I have high hopes for that carbine. I have a Beretta Storm CX4 and it is wonderful. I especially like the fact that it takes the Beretta 92 mags. If they make that Ruger carbine in 40 cal, I will get one and use in connection with my Glock 22s

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the old PC-9 does not take glock mags but I have about 6 mags for it, a couple of 30 rnd and assorted sizes.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Damn, I have high hopes for that carbine. I have a Beretta Storm CX4 and it is wonderful. I especially like the fact that it takes the Beretta 92 mags. If they make that Ruger carbine in 40 cal, I will get one and use in connection with my Glock 22s

I have so many 9mm Carbines. Couple of MP5's, Beretta Storm 92, Keltec Sub2000 Gen 2, AR-9 Carbine.

I agree with Frank would be nice to see this in .45 and accept Glock 21 mags.

I might think about getting one then.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice to see a threaded bbl...so many of the carbines like HiPoint, Beretta and others do not have that option...I'd have a Hi Point today if it was threaded. I did see an interesting contraption that takes a 'lower' from some common pistols like a 1911 and makes them into a carbine...seemed a little pricey but an interesting concept....mechtech systems and here is a link http://mechtechsys.com/

Anyone familiar with them? I don't think they have one with a threaded bbl and I simply won't own a pistol caliber carbine unless I can put a can on it.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice to see a threaded bbl...so many of the carbines like HiPoint, Beretta and others do not have that option...I'd have a Hi Point today if it was threaded. I did see an interesting contraption that takes a 'lower' from some common pistols like a 1911 and makes them into a carbine...seemed a little pricey but an interesting concept....mechtech systems and here is a link http://mechtechsys.com/

Anyone familiar with them? I don't think they have one with a threaded bbl and I simply won't own a pistol caliber carbine unless I can put a can on it.

Agreed... I threaded my barrel on the Beretta Storm 1/2x28 and yes swapped parts to make it 922r compliant.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As soon as one comes out in 10mm that will accept Glock mags I will have one and will be threaded by jj.
    9mm and 45ACP . . . yaaaaaaawn ! 357SIG . . . hmmmmmm ??
    Re. MecTec . . . I am familiar. What do you need to know ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    With the mechtech. Is it easier to get a get sight picture than with a sub 2000? And do you get sprayed with powder and debris when shooting left handed. I have a sub 2000 gen2 glock 9mm. Like the concept and its been stupid reliable with all ammo. I could get used to the low sights. But its not lefty friendly due to the blowback. I would consider alternatives of 9mm glock mag carbines if somebody was interested in the keltecs. I have ine that is a factory g19 version. And another that is factory g17 and has the midwest industries mount and primary arms red dot. Sorry for long post. Thought I would get ut all out at once. Lol

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As soon as one comes out in 10mm that will accept Glock mags I will have one and will be threaded by jj.
    9mm and 45ACP . . . yaaaaaaawn ! 357SIG . . . hmmmmmm ??
    Re. MecTec . . . I am familiar. What do you need to know ?? --- SAWMAN

Just an opinion/review of their product...seems they are priced around $450+ so that seems high given you have to supply the "lower" with one of your own pistols.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just an opinion/review of their product...seems they are priced around $450+ so that seems high given you have to supply the "lower" with one of your own pistols.

That is the only reason I have not bought one is the fact I have to buy the Glock too. I have a spare 26 to trade for the right 45 or 357 0r 10mm though. Sawman do I need a full size or compact for their kits?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The compact Glock like a 19,the full size like a 17,or the large like a 21(45ACP). NO SUB COMPACTS like a 26,etc.
    I would suggest that a full sized Glock would be best for the length/size of the grip.
    Of course interchangeability of the mags would still remain,however I would rather have a 17 mag in a 17 frame rather than sticking out the bottom of a 19 frame. The downside would be,you could not use the 19 or 26 mags in the full size frame. Same as with the pistols.
    Remember also,the 9mm is much faster coming out of another 11 inches of bbl. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom