Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet TV

22LR
    I went with Cricket Wireless as my cell phone provider and one of the perks was that I qualified to get DirectTv Now online , about eighty channels, for about $48.

I got Direct Tv to drop my bill in half when I threatened to drop them. I can live with $74 a month and a hacked firestick. Kind of a pain in the ass but I'm sure it will get better.

22LR
    I didn't say Direct Tv, I said Direct Tv NOW. it's a no contract online service. Added HBO for another $5 .

4. Likes moonpie's Post:

If you can get Youtube on your TV, this is a GREAT movie if you don't mind closed caption.
    Burmese Harp

https://youtu.be/bbejd7WA5kA

Not to spoil it but a Japanese film from 1956 about the close of WW2 of surrender of a company of Japanese soldiers to superior force of British soldiers when its learned that the Empire of Japan has surrendered. One soldier is a much beloved harp player that volunteers to relay the news to a holdout company of Japanese on a mountain but fails to convince them to surrender.
    This is the beginning.
    A Very good story that's well done.

22LR
    We're Cox victims as well. I miss living in Las Vegas or Nashville- metropolitan cities where the yellow pages list 4, 6, or even 8 competing cable providers. We're internet only and happy that way. We don't miss broadcast news not available online. There is plenty of live news on Youtube; just not local. We DO NOT miss the overwhelming number of commercials on tv anyway. Netflix & Youtube are just low-tech enough for us to figure out. Hell, my 8 Track Player still flashes '12:00' o'clock....

7. 2 Like pawpaw's Post:

45 ACP
    $50 antenna in the attic and Cox for Internet only over here ($50-ish for the Internet connection). I went from a few hundred channels with nothing good on to about 20 with nothing good on.
    The real benefit is that it now takes far less time to flip through all the channels, realize there's nothing on that I want to watch, turn the TV off and go do something else.

But I also installed a Dell micro form factor PC in the entertainment center and I use a wireless keyboard/trackpad and have all the Internet has to offer right there in the living room.
    That's worked out really nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by FelixH View Post
    $50 antenna in the attic and Cox for Internet only over here ($50-ish for the Internet connection). I went from a few hundred channels with nothing good on to about 20 with nothing good on.
    The real benefit is that it now takes far less time to flip through all the channels, realize there's nothing on that I want to watch, turn the TV off and go do something else.

But I also installed a Dell micro form factor PC in the entertainment center and I use a wireless keyboard/trackpad and have all the Internet has to offer right there in the living room.
    That's worked out really nicely.
    I use an antenna also. I use AT&T for my phone and internet and think I am paying too much. Eventually I need to get something better.
    TV is a time waster for me, but I do watch a lot of the scientific, historical, and weapons relate things on youtube and now vimeo.