• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which recoil would be greater and by how much?

Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4"

The 1-3/4 minishell 7.5 or the 2-3/4,#7.5 bird shot load ? :juggle:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a single shot NEF 12ga with a 18" bbl. I will let you shoot them both if you want to.
    But take my word for it . . . there is NO 12ga load as light (by far ) as the Aguila Mini Shells.
    That is what makes the Moss Shockwave so great. The ability to shoot these light loaded shells,fast,reliably,from a gun that holds 9+1. And . . . having the ability to switch back to,using the 2.75 and 3" shells very quickly without the use of any tools. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks sawman, now to find some of these Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" 7.5 shot?

Is the felt recoil on the Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" buckshot and the 7.5birdshot load the same?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aguila Mini Shells from a 14" 12ga . . . Compaired - - - -> There are tons of variables. Think of the different scenarios where you would/could use your gun for SD/HD applications.
    The first thought that comes to mind is the range to your target. The next thing is what would possibly be your intended target.
    The #7.5 shot load is light in weight and slow in velocity compaired to the "normal" 12ga loads. This is how the recoil gets reduced. Within the magical 15yd distance that you should be shooting,it most likely will punch thru clothing and shatter vechicle glass though.
    You must remember though,the shot pattern produced at the closer ranges is not much wider than coming out of 18 inches of bbl. But just like any other shotguns load,the pellets come out and fly in a string and not one blob.
    I feel that a hit to the torso of a human,at <15yds would be a fight stopper. Especially if followed up with a second hit. This,no matter what clothing they were wearing. At 7yds I feel that a torso hit would be lethal.
    The buckshot load - - -> This would be lethal at any range. But remember the pattern will not be near as large as the #7.5 shot load. At 15yds you MUST carefully aim. This load will penetrate a car door,trunk,or hood. It will go through any wall or door in your house. Furniture also.
    As with any other shotgun,shooting most any other load,try your best to anticipate intended target and distance.
    I would love to see Aguila come out with either a #2 shot load or a "BB" load.
    And remember,these small guns will handle any shotgun load to choose to shoot. I shot 1 round of 3" "000" buck out of mine. . . . . . JUST ONE !!
    If your intended use is black bear defense,you should not use the Mini Shells --- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a single shot NEF 12ga with a 18" bbl. I will let you shoot them both if you want to.
    But take my word for it . . . there is NO 12ga load as light (by far ) as the Aguila Mini Shells.
    That is what makes the Moss Shockwave so great. The ability to shoot these light loaded shells,fast,reliably,from a gun that holds 9+1. And . . . having the ability to switch back to,using the 2.75 and 3" shells very quickly without the use of any tools. --- SAWMAN

One thing kool with my Keltec KSG. I can have mini shells in one tube then the other side regular ones. Flip a lever and pick ether or.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I only use mini-shells in my KSG and it is very easy on my shoulder. 2 3/4's were a little much after about 6-7, but with those mini's I can shoot as many as I want to with the cloud of smoke choking me out after both barrels unload.

Top Bottom