• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting, my internet bill hasn't increased, my service hasn't decreased and I still watch all the same things I used to watch. Seems as though the left must have used a huge helping of hyperbole in their Armageddon speeches on how my life was going to end as I know it because they didn't get to control the internet.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Interesting, my internet bill hasn't increased, my service hasn't decreased and I still watch all the same things I used to watch. Seems as though the left must have used a huge helping of hyperbole in their Armageddon speeches on how my life was going to end as I know it because they didn't get to control the internet.

Yep kinda like 1999 to 2000 "Y2K" it was gonna be the end of the world. NOT!!!

I would not worry about anything you read on the interweb...

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Wait . . . you still have internet access?? That is a shame. :)

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ISPs should charge for fast lanes—just like TSA Precheck, GOP lawmaker says

GOP's Marsha Blackburn wants Internet service to be just like airport security.

Making the case for paid prioritization Tuesday, US Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) said that paying for priority access would be similar to enrolling in TSA Precheck.

"In real life, all sorts of interactions are prioritized every day," Blackburn said in her opening statement at a subcommittee hearing on paid prioritization. Blackburn continued:

Many of you sitting in this room right now paid a line-sitter to get priority access to this hearing. In fact, it is commonplace for the government itself to offer priority access to services. If you have ever used Priority Mail, you know this to be the case. And what about TSA Precheck? It just might have saved you time as you traveled here today. If you define paid prioritization as simply the act of paying to get your own content in front of the consumer faster, prioritized ads or sponsored content are the basis of many business models online, as many of our members pointed out at the Facebook hearing last week.

Marsha.jpg

Attachments

• Marsha.jpg
      Marsha.jpg
      30.5 KB · Views: 113

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ajit Pai is slow-walking the official new neutrality repeal because hes knows it's a giant dumpster fire.

More than four months after the Federal Communications Commission voted to repeal net neutrality rules, the rules are technically still on the books, and we still don't know when they will die their final death.

If you think that's strange, you're not alone. Harold Feld, one of the top experts on telecom law among net neutrality supporters, wrote this week that the situation is "highly unusual." (Feld is a telecom lawyer and senior VP of consumer advocacy group Public Knowledge.)

"There is absolutely no reason for FCC Chairman Ajit Pai to have stretched out this process so ridiculously long," Feld wrote. "It is especially puzzling in light of Pai's insistence that he had to rush through repeal of net neutrality over the objections of just about everyone but the ISPs and their cheerleaders because every day—nay every minute!—ISPs suffer under the horrible, crushing burden of Title II," the FCC statute that governs common carriers.

Why are the rules still in place? There's a technical answer related to how Pai structured the repeal, and there is speculation on why Pai structured it that way.

Ajit Pai hasn’t finalized net neutrality repeal—here’s a theory on why

Top Bottom