DK Firearms

Successful First Hunt of the Year Saturday 12-9-17!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well as some of you may know I lost access to hunt at the old camp in Alabama this past year when the owner died and the family sold the place and I couldn't afford to buy it for myself. Well I got in on a Lease South of Ebro and after a lot of work things are starting to come around. I didn't have things ready to bow hunt this year or hunt Thanksgiving weekend but with rifle season starting Saturday I was ready. I climbed up into a hunting stand for the first time Saturday afternoon about 3:30. I messed around cutting out old torn canvas for the first 30 minutes and then a little bit after 4 I decided to sit nice and quiet for the next hour + to see if I might get lucky. Well just before 5:00 with about 15 minutes of shooting light left a nice Doe came into view and with a Doe tag on hand I made a good shot, she went about 20 yards expired in the field so there was no having to track her through the Florida woods! I've been hunting a lot of years and I must say it feels good to put some deer meat in the freezer after just 90 minutes of hunting on the season, that sure isn't the norm when it comes to hunting!

Attachments

• Doe_12-9-17.jpg
      Doe_12-9-17.jpg
      265.6 KB · Views: 188

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sweet......Like the rifle too! You had yours ceracoted too!!! Next time you come by my way, stop in...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sweet......Like the rifle too! You had yours ceracoted too!!! Next time you come by my way, stop in...

I actually picked that Marlin 30-30 up at Jimmy's Pawn Shop already cerakoted, it was love at first sight! Yes, need to get up that way one of these days and stop in for a visit and check out that new shooting range!

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you like that ceracote job, you need to check my Marlin 35 out!!!!
    20171214_090938_zpsvdvbkofa.jpg

Attachments

• 20171214_090938_zpsvdvbkofa.jpg
      20171214_090938_zpsvdvbkofa.jpg
      128.7 KB · Views: 183

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looking forward to seeing it in person one of these days. I'm still looking for a Marlin .35 for myself. Picked up an octagonal barreled 45-70 not too long ago that is a thing of beauty! Seems I never have all the guns I want. My wife is from Spain and a friend at work turned me on to the Bergara line of rifles from Spain so now I want one of their Timber rifles too! I need a second job just to support my gun habit it seems.

http://bergarausa.com/Bergara_Rifles.php

Top Bottom