• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi guys,
    Wondering if any of you guys have a Riley Defense AKM rifle. I am close to buying one online BNIB for bout $500. I have heard that of all American AK mfg, they are the only ones that actually listen to customer feedback and update their rifles. Things like switching from cast to forged trunnions etc.

I watched all the YouTube reviews on them and overall they look pretty good. Whatever minor components that failed can be easily and cheaply replaced. Important things like trunnions, bolt lug wear etc seem to be pretty solid. The barrel although not chrome lined seems to be well made and treated.

I am not making thinking of jumping into any other American made offerings right now. I have read and read and it seems that Riley is the only American mfg that are at least doing a decent job. For $525, seems to be a solid rifle with no collectors value that you can magpul and zhukov your heart out among other mods and not feel bad about it.

I shoot enough that quality matters and I do not need a rifle blowing up in my face. Id love it if the country Ive fought for can produce an AK as good or better than Kalash's initial design. Sadly only the combloc or former combloc countries have seemed to know how to build these rifles. Them and barefoot Pakastanis in Dora.

Anyhow any input would be great before I place an order. Good or bad.

Thanks fellas.

Top Bottom