• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    These questions are for anyone who has one of these. What is the recoil like? How accurate is it? Any issues?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love mine. Currently no issues, have used all types of ammo styles, weights, aluminum, brass and steel. Great trigger and very accurate. Recoil is milder than you would think for a 3.3" 45 ACP. The grips have a very aggressive texture that I like, some say its to rough. I've let others shoot mine and they can't believe they're shooting a 45 that easily, and these are people that have never fired a 45 before.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Recoil isn't bad at all. It really is surprising, considering how little they are. Like 16gauge said, it eats anything you throw at it and comes back for more. I sold mine here recently (consolidating calibers), but I'd recommend it 100% if you're looking for a carry gun in .45. My only complaint is the grip texture in some carry setups, but YMMV and it is easily rectified if it bothers you.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Cool. I have a Shield in 40S&W, and I was thinking about trying the 45. It sounds like I may need to give it a try.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my 45acp shield. Recoil is not bad and if you have a holster made for it the 9mm fits in it as well. It was a little rough wearing it with a iwb holster but JJ showed me how he knocked down the rough texture for the side that rides next to you body and now it carries like my 9mm. I am looking for another as a back up.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It replaced my all time favorite carry gun and now takes first ride almost every time. I love the .45 Shield. Recoil is not bad at all and very controllable!! I have been carrying a Walther PPS for many many years and the Shield in .45 has taken it's place!

I did lightly sand down the grip texture on the bottom rear of the grip because it's so aggressive that it catches my shirt and will cause my shirt to ride up! Sanding it down lightly to take the sharp peaks off solved that problem though.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got me one. Can't wait to get some practice in.

You shouldn't be disappointed! My only complaint I've heard is that you either like the super textured grip or you think it's too much. A light sanding knocks the real sharpness down real quick though if you want to soften it up a tad.

It does amaze me how they tame the recoil in such a small package.

Top Bottom