• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I strap on a belt loop holster, insert a G23 and try to practice drawing the pistol quickly I find by the time I get the muzzle clear of the holster the piece is about in my armpit.

I've always preferred a lower carry but I realize that's not conducive to concealment.

How do ya'll deal with this? Pulling straight up from a belt loop holster is just too awkward but is surely better than nothing.

RH

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Couple questions to clarify- What type of holster? IWB or OWB, is there any cant to the gun? I'm assuming you're carrying around the 3 o'clock position?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don’t wear your pants up so high...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

/\/\/\, this, and also try snugging your belt down and rolling your shoulder forward when move too get your grip.
    If you are at the 3:00 try moving the holster back towards 4 or 5(behind your hip, closer too your back). A forward cant helps, if all that fails there's always crossdraw.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depending on your age and shape, one often has to decide whether to wear your pants/belt above the bulge or below the bulge. I chose below the bulge so there is no way to wear my pants lower without looking like on of the younger generation who fancies showing the world their underwear as a fashion statement. Locating your holster appendix or 4-5 o'clock should alleviate the problem but as another inferred....where to you wear it and what holster. Holsters are expensive so you may have to find a way to sample other styles until you find one you like.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the input. I usually wear it at the 1030 position using one of the OWB nylon type belt holsters. Too fat to try to get it inside. At the 900 position it feels uncomfortable to walk as my arm keeps hitting it.

I guess I'll look for something with a little cant and wear it a the 600 position. As for my pants they go where they go and since I was born with the goneass I'm constantly tugging them back up.

Top Bottom