• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Received another email yesterday. First time I saw pricing, maybe I missed it before.

CMP 1911 pricing:

CMP has priced the 1911 type pistols at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Field Grade $950.
    Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Rack Grade $850.
    Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.

Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We see exaples in the same price ranges often and without the additional hassles. Since these 1911s are not C&R and considered "Modern", the $1050 Service Grade is equal to NRA Condition Standard "Fair" which is their lowest grade. The quantity of high quality 1911s being held back for Auction is both unknown and disappointing.

I would not buy or bid at this time, or in the near future. I think the demand will be less then the CMP expects. There are a lot more tentatively, in the pipeline. As more U.S. Property 1911s get into civilian hands, the rarity/availability decreases. Prices will drop from CMP and private sellers. I think CMP will ultimately add higher grades to standard sales with only the most pristine or historically significant on the Auction block. They may have "history" but supply & demand will ultimately control CMP pricing. The only wild card is if the Gov majority goes anti-gun again and votes to stop transfers to CMP.

Top Bottom