• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I purchased a used Benchmade 3300 Infidel from a well known forum member known for buying below salvage prices, and selling above retail, and is the king of the $1 anything sale. (hint)
    It was in relatively good shape but the OTF firing spring wasn't as reliable as I thought is should be. It could have been the abuse my hands have taken over the years, but the seller disclosed the spring issue and gave an alternative firing procedure. I was ok with that. I bought it anyway. The price was fair.
    I decided to send it to Benchmade for a tuneup.
    Benchmade replaced the spring with the new upgrades, sharpened the knife to a razors edge, and I'm trying to figure out how they repaired the minimal scratches on the handle. It appears that they also replaced the handle. Also, they replaced the pocket clip. Included in the return package was a complete set of screws.
    Benchmade notified me when it arrived, updated me when there was a 1 day delay over their projected return time due to procuring the newest springs for this model.
    Notified me when it was shipped back to me and followed up with an email to make sure I was satisfied.
    I think I have a brand new knife!
    ALL at no charge!
    Great custoner service!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey Jerry, hold it so that the blade is faceing straight up. Push the button SLOWLY upward til it fires. Will it fire strong enough so that the blade locks in place ??
    Benchmade has a great rep for customer service. Glad that you are satisfied with the blade. --- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    it fires every time in any position with a thumb flick, exits the handle faster than a speeding bullet and is so sharp i almost cut my eye just looking at it from 3 feet away. Me like!
    Now, go back to your third dozen donuts.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In a world that customer service and public relations are in the shitter,it is great to hear of a company that actually values its customers.
    Glad your happy with the blade Jerry. ---- SAWMAN

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Received 4 new custom benchmades in the mail yesterday. Bad part is I’m at my camp till tomorrow but will see mine then. We’ve had benchmades for awhile and my son sent his older one in and they did the same thing. Basically refurbished it and changed out whatever they felt needed changed. And there sharpening is amazing. They told us to send them in anytime for free sharpening and they will tune it up and return it. Great service. Just can’t wait to see my new knife thanks to my son!!

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had the same experience. Just do not send them an auto if you are not Law Enforcement or Military. They will not send it back to you.

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was considering purchasing an auto from someone locally and it needed sharpening. I contacted BM and was told that they would not send it back to me if I could not prove I was LE or MIL.

That was a couple years ago so maybe things have changed.

They did do a wonderful job on my assisted opening knife I sent them though.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I sent in a copy of my concealed carry when i sent it to them and had no problem.
    There is a special form for autos.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jerry, did they tell you that you MUST send them a copy of your CWP or they would not accept the knife for repair ??And/or,if you sent them the knife without the CWP,they would not send it back to you ?? --- SAWMAN

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On their website they say if you send them an auto there is paperwork that must accompany it. Not sure what paperwork though. I didn’t look into that since I don’t have an auto yet.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    SAWMAN Post #10:
    No, they didn't ask for a copy. I read the automatic form, signed it and sent a copy of the license just in case. It never was an issue. For me or for them.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Understood Jerry.
    Have friends with BM and wanted to keep them informed as to the "send it in for repair" policy.
    I have often heard that Benchmade is kinda like Glock in that no matter the problem they will send it back lookin' almost new.
    Thanks for this info. --- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have to admit that I think it's a little picky for them to sell an auto knife on the open market to anyone what has the money, then want us to send a special form regarding the same knife. It may be state rules like California, or others, but I just followed the rules as they requested.
    On the form they asked if I was active military or law enforcement and I said NO to both questions. Thats why I sent a copy of the conceal carry lic. Never gave it any more thought. They obviously didn't have a problem with it.

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I think it was about 12 days.

Top Bottom