• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They are having one of them tent sales. A whole bunch of(still)over priced clothes. Some hunting type boots. Some ammo.
    Mo bedda stuff inside. Damn near bought a Christensen Arms bolt gun. Might go back tomorrow and take another peek at it.
    Tried to convince a guy that the 6.5Creedmoor chambering was no better than many others but he obviously had tunnel vision. 6.5C vs 260Rem and 6mmC vs 243Win. Huh . . . What . . . Why?? . . . Nooooooo . . . --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a couple boxes of these also.
    Wont tell you what I paid cuz you will make fun of me.
    It is 7pellets of #4 buck and 4pellets of #1 buck (11pellets total) at 1200fps.
    These will be used in my Mossberg Shockwave. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20171011_131258.jpg
      20171011_131258.jpg
      415.9 KB · Views: 428
    Last edited:

toma

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I got a Christensen Arms Carbon Classic .308 I'll sell you. Comes with extra mag ($300) and the titanium muzzle brake. May be the most accurate gun I have. Just don't like the 24" barrel length (plus the brake) as much as my 22" rifles. PM me if you are interested.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Plinker - - - Not tried it,but have heard from several difference sources . . . no.
    But,with the $15 OpSol they work perfectly in my gun.
    I performed the touchie-feelie on several Christensen Arms guns yesterday and the triggers were simply amazing. Felt like - - -> less than 3lbs with NO creep and NO overtravel. WOW !! ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

toma

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mine has the Timney trigger and yes it is amazing.

Plinker - - - Not tried it,but have heard from several difference sources . . . no.
    But,with the $15 OpSol they work perfectly in my gun.
    I performed the touchie-feelie on several Christensen Arms guns yesterday and the triggers were simply amazing. Felt like - - -> less than 3lbs with NO creep and NO overtravel. WOW !! ---- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I will be interested in the Shockwave or similar 870 when the 20 gauge is available. I saw that the 870 is coming out with the 20 but haven't seen any for sale.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The shortie/shotty (bwwwwwahahaha . . . I crack myself up) would be great if the whole gun were sized down for the 20ga. Realizeing the OAL would have to remain the same it could surely have a couple of pounds shaved off from the receiver,bolt,mag tube,grip,etc,etc.
    My Moss,in the 590 configuration vs the 500 seems massive but I suppose that could be a good thing. It feels sturdy and more like a well made tool than something to have fun with or carry hunting.
    I would really like to see and shoot a 870 in 20ga. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The shortie/shotty (bwwwwwahahaha . . . I crack myself up) would be great if the whole gun were sized down for the 20ga. Realizeing the OAL would have to remain the same it could surely have a couple of pounds shaved off from the receiver,bolt,mag tube,grip,etc,etc.
    My Moss,in the 590 configuration vs the 500 seems massive but I suppose that could be a good thing. It feels sturdy and more like a well made tool than something to have fun with or carry hunting.
    I would really like to see and shoot a 870 in 20ga. --- SAWMAN

Someday you will...I am on a waiting list for the 870 in 20ga.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Even a 20ga ultra lite load (dove,quail,squirrel,rabbit,load) throws a good number of pellets. As with a 12ga,usually the lighter loads only come in 7.5,8,or 9 shot which I do not feel is adaquate for most SD/HD applications.
    To me 7/8oz of #4 or #6 shot would be better IF it would be available at a lower velocity . . . saaaay 1200-1250fps.
    This would be much better for faster follow up shots. ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My gun with it's 14" bbl would be great with a small shoulder stock that was properly contoured. One that would make the gun have about a 10" LOP. That would only give the gun a 34" OAL(~). Would be a great little package.
    Could go the SBS route but just as soon keep flying lower than that. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hope this was not a member here . . . BUT - - -> Was in Mike's yesterday AM. There was a young(er) man at the counter looking at a Christensen Arms rifle. One of the guns produced with the "new and better" camo.
    Seems he had already picked his scope. It was a 3-9X50 Zeiss. The salesman was talking to him about the gun. It was chambered in 6.5Creedmoor. As the salesmen went through the spiel the buyers eyes got wider and wider. Seems it was the gun,chambering,and optic that he just had to have for his deer lease in central Ala. His whole deal was to be able to shoot all the way out to 300yds. The way the conversation was going the salesman was explaining to him that this gun,chambering,and optic combo would be the answer to his every dream.
    When the salesman walked away I told the buyer what a great scope he had picked,and asked him which retical it had in it. He responded with,"I really don't know". I told him that he had better check before he bought it because some of the Zeiss scopes are made without any reticle in them.
    As he was opening the box,I walked out. --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That must be a hell of a salesman at Mike's, talk about over kill! I hunted in Alabama for a lot of years, my trusty Marlin 30-30 killed a lot of deer at 200 yards and under. The very few times I need to go out past 200 yards my .308 was more than capable! Sounds like that guy isn't a member of any gun forums nor did he get online and do any research himself. I pride myself in knowing more than the salesman on most purchases I make just for the simple fact I don't want to be taken advantage of like that guy was!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really hate to see sales people beating up a customer. However,their job is to sell their products and not try to talk the customer out of the purchase.
    I guess that with guns,ammo,scopes,and stuff like that,I want them to be a little more honest/factual.
    However if the buyer is not informed or just wants something to impress his buddies . . . then . . . oh well. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom