HD Tactical

man & woman, different? same? equal? or made to work together?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    this is a spinoff of the las vegas shooting thread, I think it deserves its own space for discussion..
    are women the same as men, as the MSM liberals want us to believe..

are women inferior to men? does anyone think that women can do everything a man can? should they?

is a man smarter? stronger, yes, but does that make him better?
    what role should a woman play in a marriage? bread winner? homemaker?

why are American young men(for the most part) becoming such wimps? is it hormones added to
    our food? or political teachings?

has the feminist movement caused many women to compete with men, in ways I feel they were not designed to do? has the movement damaged the way men view and interact with women in the workplace?

if I complement a woman on her hair, or clothes, is that sexist of me?

mods, could you move from this thread:

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showth...r-coming-20-dead-in-vegas&p=380444#post380444

posts #160/161/164/165/166/167/169/170/171/172

and let's continue the discussion...I like to hear the view point of a woman, very few here in this testerone filled forum.

let's keep it generally on topic, i will not appreciate any thread derailing on 180 degree subject matter changes...

I have not seen Belle post in a while, Ricochet will give us some female perspective..and input
    on a point of view from outside the US, as she was born in brazil and spent time in england
    before becoming a citizen here.

there may be more women on this forum than we think, but afraid to voice an opinion, let's hear them...

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of points to adress..I will pick it as in a box of chocolates:

"are women inferior to men?"

No. We are actually superior in some ways, like talking.
    We can outtalk any man, any time anywhere specially at certain times of the month.
    Our brains contain more estrogen than any man ( except for Jimmy Kimmel's, the jury is out on that one ) which increases a protein in the brain that causes more noise vocalizations - there was a study published on pubmed showing scientific evidence of this protein in the brains of female rats causing them squeal more.

I also notice from personal experience that when I play sports in a female dominated enviroment very little physical activity is accomplished due to socialization ( talking ) that goes on - as oposed to when in a male dominated environment where I come out completely spent physically even rendering me unable to talk.

We are also superior at pregnancy, specially the ones ending in natural birth.

"does anyone think that women can do everything a man can?"

No.
    Infantry: no.
    Firefighters, where she at a best/beast of 200lbs fit needs to pull out a 350lb coworker out of a burning building, no.
    Operating military equipment capable of serious destruction during certain times of the month; I would not trust either.

"should they?"

If she doesn't menstruate and is full of apathy, maybe.
    I still think no for infantry unless she is on steroids which would allow her to be as strong as a weak man and would also stop her menstrual cycles thus eliminating periodically being physically vulnerable and emotionally volatile.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Infantry also would cause other problems because if she was captured I think that would add undue risk.
    Unless she was a mega b*tch in which case they might be glad the enemy took her.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    the old saying, women are from venus, men are from mars comes to mind

I agree, we are both ruled by hormones, which have strong influence on how we view and interact with others

men and women are different, studies done as young as 6 months to toddler age show when boys and girls are given toys to play with, of all kinds, the boys tend to pick the cars & other "boy", girls tend to pick the dolls and other "girl" toys..

many countries have both in the military, Israel comes to mind, no doubt a woman can pull a trigger as well as a man, but should they?

http://www.military.com/video/speci...pers/wwii-russian-female-snipers/663088355001

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A lot of points to adress..I will pick it as in a box of chocolates:

"are women inferior to men?"

No. We are actually superior in some ways, like talking.
    We can outtalk any man, any time anywhere specially at certain times of the month.
    Our brains contain more estrogen than any man ( except for Jimmy Kimmel's, the jury is out on that one ) which increases a protein in the brain that causes more noise vocalizations - there was a study published on pubmed showing scientific evidence of this protein in the brains of female rats causing them squeal more.

I also notice from personal experience that when I play sports in a female dominated enviroment very little physical activity is accomplished due to socialization ( talking ) that goes on - as oposed to when in a male dominated environment where I come out completely spent physically even rendering me unable to talk.

We are also superior at pregnancy, specially the ones ending in natural birth.

"does anyone think that women can do everything a man can?"

No.
    Infantry: no.
    Firefighters, where she at a best/beast of 200lbs fit needs to pull out a 350lb coworker out of a burning building, no.
    Operating military equipment capable of serious destruction during certain times of the month; I would not trust either.

"should they?"

If she doesn't menstruate and is full of apathy, maybe.
    I still think no for infantry unless she is on steroids which would allow her to be as strong as a weak man and would also stop her menstrual cycles thus eliminating periodically being physically vulnerable and emotionally volatile.

After that there is no reason for this man to respond to the topic. Clearly each sex does things the other cannot or can't do as well and each is better at most of those things. I do say the feminists have destroyed what I use to like about the typical relationships as my Mom and Dad had. Face it some of us are better than others in relationships.

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are different, yet fitted together perfectly by our Creator. We don't look the same, don't smell the same, so why is the big push to act the same. It is NOT a Superior/Inferior issue. Line up 100 Men and some will be superior to others in some things but not all. Same with women. We are different like the pieces of a grand puzzle. But if you take a puzzle piece and try to force it to fit somewhere it doesn't, things are going to get mangled. Ya know, like society.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    We are different, yet fitted together perfectly by our Creator. We don't look the same, don't smell the same, so why is the big push to act the same. It is NOT a Superior/Inferior issue. Line up 100 Men and some will be superior to others in some things but not all. Same with women. We are different like the pieces of a grand puzzle. But if you take a puzzle piece and try to force it to fit somewhere it doesn't, things are going to get mangled. Ya know, like society.

I like to think men are like apples, women are like pears, different, but both fruit, each with its own particular flavor and use...both make good pies

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was kind of half joking in my first post. ( I fear other women reading it might hate me )

Interesting video on the sniper.
    I would say that there are men that cannot kill either. I know one Vietnam veteran that was drafted and I don't think he was psychologically cut for infantry.
    He is now traumatized and on SSRI's.

I also think in such high stress enviroments a woman's menstrual cycle stops: I know it does on high level performance female athletes, for example ( Olympic runners ).

On WWII, the women in America replaced the men at the factories ( welding ), while they went to war. This illustrates the woman can and does assume a COMPLEMENTARY role TEMPORARILY, in the absence of a male force.
    If I had to defend my community from a jihadist, for example, here in Floridian soil, I would shoot and not feel sorry. My mindset being: this is a destructive animal that needs to be put down.

Israeli women, I guess they are raised with a certain mindset that is even backed up by thousands of years of tradition and Biblical history.
    That mindset is very powerful, like the Muslims, makes you an instrument of God.
    If I was taught to believe I was part of God's chosen people I might be psychologically stronger if joining God's fighting army.

If you are brainwired that way, I think you can become a very efficient killing machine, defensive and/or offensive. Male or female.

I will say all things being equal ( training, personal belief and psychological strength ), the strongest woman is still the equivalent of a weak male.

If anyone has a strong case otberwise, I would love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was kind of half joking in my first post. ( I fear other women reading it might hate me )

Interesting video on the sniper.
    I would say that there are men that cannot kill either. I know one Vietnam veteran that was drafted and I don't think he was psychologically cut for infantry.
    He is now traumatized and on SSRI's.

I also think in such high stress enviroments a woman's menstrual cycle stops: I know it does on high level performance female athletes, for example ( Olympic runners ).

On WWII, the women in America replaced the men at the factories ( welding ), while they went to war. This illustrates the woman can and does assume a COMPLEMENTARY role TEMPORARILY, in the absence of a male force.
    If I had to defend my community from a jihadist, for example, here in Floridian soil, I would shoot and not feel sorry. My mindset being: this is a destructive animal that needs to be put down.

Israeli women, I guess they are raised with a certain mindset that is even backed up by thousands of years of tradition and Biblical history.
    That mindset is very powerful, like the Muslims, makes you an instrument of God.
    If I was tought to believe I was part of God's chosen people I might be psychologically stronger if joining God's fighting army.

If you are brainwired that way, I think you can become a very efficient killing machine, defensive and/or offensive. Male or female.

I will say all things being equal ( training, personal belief and psychological strength ), the strongest woman is still the equivalent of a weak male.

If anyone has a strong case otberwise, I would love to be proven wrong.

so far, all of what you have said is accurate....extreme stress can cause interruption of cycles...testosterone is a proven chemical that can cause aggression....and estrogen can effect emotions a lot.

I would have to ponder Melania Trump as POTUS....what would that be like?

Margaret Thatcher was an excellent strong leader, matched , and exceeded many men I have seen be country leaders...

edit....I think muslems are under the influence of satan imo, they are not warriors of my God.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would have to ponder Melania Trump as POTUS....what would that be like?
    Possibly a huge distraction, :)

Margaret Thatcher was an excellent strong leader, matched , and exceeded many men I have seen be country leaders...

There are women who posses the personality of natural leaders. Personality and strong drives mean natural selection. Just as athletes like Bolton and Phelps, who if both equaly talented practiced the same sport would not have enjoyed supremacy as they did due to equal competition.
    I think Tatcher was born at a time when the abscence of an equally strong male force of personality
    allowed her to become a Matriarch so to speak.

Which is in line with my theory that all things being equal, including personality ( some of us are natural leaders ), an equally natural leader with the same drives and strength of personality, male and female - which would prevail?

I think she prevailed at her time because there was no equivalent male to match her.

But I could be wrong.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By contrast, Obama came across as total shemale.
    I also wonder if he was competing for the presidency against Tatcher, who would win?

That also depends on what the country think it needs at any given time.

Many conservatives hate Trump's brash/non presidential style BUT he is exactly the male force that we needed to stop the menstrual bleeding caused in this country by the left.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    By contrast, Obama came across as total shemale.
    I also wonder if he was competing for the presidency against Tatcher, who would win?

That also depends on what the country think it needs at any given time.

Many conservatives hate Trump's brash/non presidential style BUT he is exactly the male force that we needed to stop the menstrual bleeding caused in this country by the left.

Thatcher would have ate his lunch and threw his lollypop in the dirt....

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    is a man smarter?
    That is a tough one. There are different kinds of intelligence ( common sense: instinctual intelligence, for example )
    I will focus on intellectual only because I think that that is what you are referring to:

From the premise of all things being equal, which makes it fair for both sexes, I cannot see that we had a time in history where women were allowed or encouraged to persue intellectual brilliance as much as her male counterpart. So that gives us a handicap, for example:

At the time in history when most brilliant discoveries took place and when the abundance of genius was abound,
    I have been unable to come up with female equivalents to Einstein, Newton, Edison.
    Nowadays, neither male nor female have come up with anything considered genius, though we have made phenomenal advancements in smaller technological fields.

However, what bothers me the most, as a woman, is cooking.
    We sure were bred to excell in the kitchen so my question is why are the best chefs male?

:(

stronger, yes, but does that make him better?

Yes, it does. Otherwise more women would just be marrying other women.

Aside from form follows function ( our sexual organs being matched perfectly for its purpose: pleasure and procreation of the species ), I think the driving force ( certainly the spiritual force, if she is aware ) in females being attracted in and willing SUBMIT to a man is the very premise that she is submitting to something greater than herself.

That is why the man submits to God as his head.

So the man is made better FOR THE WOMAN. Your question does not mean the man is better than the woman period. Otherwise, men would just be marrying other men.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That is a tough one.

So the man is made better FOR THE WOMAN. Your question does not mean the man is better than the woman period. Otherwise, men would just be marrying other men.

excellent points, most great mathematicians were men, I think the two brains are wired differently, women excel usually at reading people, non verbal cues, "feelings", cannot underestimate their value

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I very much think that aside from physical strength(more later), women are every bit as equal to men in every way. I've met just as many intelligent women as men, who were just as sharp(I consider intelligence the ability to learn and process new, abstract and complex ideas, and is deferent than experience or education). I think ricochet nailed it when she said women weren't allowed or encouraged to persue that level of education. When Einstein was pondering infinity and how to define it, women were expect to work on social skills and how to build and keep a home. Many girls are still taught that's the primary role, and I'm not saying it's right or wrong but as long as it's still encouraged we will never see as many female dr's, mathematicians, politicians etc.
    As far as the military goes, well... I heard a female Gunnery Sgt once say"there are women who can pass a male Personal Fitness Test, even score a first class. But those women have too train for it". Well no shit, you think men can just naturally do 20 pull ups, 100 crunches, and run 3 miles in 18 minutes? The difference is, men are taught and expected to maintain or improve their physical strength, where as our idea of fitness for women is fitting into a size 3. Personally I think that if a woman thinks she can handle the job, and can meet the physical standards she should have a shot. I disagree with lowering standards for women, a flack and a rifle wiegh the same regardless who carries it. But, I think if girls are taught to throw overhand and allowed too tackle, many more would be closer to where they need too be in training.

Last edited:

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Men and Women used to be different and you could tell they were different by examining their genitalia. Now that doesn't make any difference. Plenty of women have a cock and balls. So when it comes to gender, there is no difference or, more correctly, it doesn't matter.

But that doesn't make men and women the same. Men used to be superior in every way except for the ability to get pregnant. Now women are superior in every way. They're smarter, more wise, more educated, and just better all around. Even when bending over and showing ass crack; for men it's offensive but for women it's a good thing.

In short men are total scum and women are angels. Don't believe it? Ask anyone in politics, in the news media, or who appears on TV or the Hollywood screen.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    over the years, I have noticed a change in the men portrayed on T V, in commercials, comedies, movies, and the news anchors...

the men they are putting on tv are smaller, with a "tennis" body, not a more "v" shaped body like a man used to have...

they are hairless, no chest hair anymore...
    they are portrayed as putz's, and the woman, or the black woman is the smart savvy one,
    the men with strong opinions, and conservative, i.e. (Tim Allen) are being replaced with wussy idiots..

bill o'reilly, was driven out by 10 year old allegations on the fox channel, now we have shepard smith...
    david muir on abc, and George stepalloverit are the replacements...

our late time shows have turned into a pathetic circle jerk of pundits...

kimmel, fallon, maher, noah trevor, O'Brien, ....what a bunch of putz's

when I was young, sean connery was the man...

now we have johnny depp as a replacement? what a joke

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    , women are every bit as equal to men in every way. I've met just as many intelligent women as men, who were just as sharp(I consider intelligence the ability to learn and process new, abstract and complex ideas, and is deferent than experience or education). I think ricochet nailed it when she said women weren't allowed or encouraged to persue that level of education. When Einstein was pondering infinity and how to define it, women were expect to work on social skills and how to build and keep a home. Many girls are still taught that's the primary role, and I'm not saying it's right or wrong but as long as it's still encouraged we will never see as many female dr's, mathematicians, politicians etc.
    I was trying to think of an example of a female with a brilliant mind.

Ayn Rand.

Whilst I think her philosophy is missing something essential ( God/the spiritual dimension ), all interviews I have seen with her were outstanding examples of not just intelligence but clarity. She did not come across as a woman trying to prove herself among her male peers, she had no ego driven diatribe and responded to her critics with soundness of mind.
    I think she was ahead of her time and even tanscended time. Had it not been for her omission of God and Spirituality I would have considered her a genius mind.

Tatcher was mentioned and in retrospect perhaps it was her higher intellect coupled with the force of her personality that caused her to rise and stand out above her male peers.

Whilst I think physical strength can be measured, I don't think IQ can be accurately measured. I believe male and fale are born genetically predisposed to be at a higher level of intellectual functioning or at a lower level.

It's a spectrum, like being born beautiful, average or ugly.
    One can improve their place in the spectrum but you can't jump from being stupid to being a genius just as you can't go from being a 4 to being a 10.

So I will agree with you that men and women have the same potential as far as expressing brain power is concerned, only differing in the opportunity and nurturing towards that expreasion.
    I do not see how hormonal differences in the brains of females would render them less capable of higher intellect and objectivism - but it does affect us as far as subjective interpretations of reality.

As far as the military goes, well... I heard a female Gunnery Sgt once say"there are women who can pass a male Personal Fitness Test, even score a first class. But those women have too train for it". Well no shit, you think men can just naturally do 20 pull ups, 100 crunches, and run 3 miles in 18 minutes?
    I think they can. A young male who, at the age of 18 is healthy, no drug abuse, regular physical activities absolutely can do that.
    Maybe not anymore, in this social media, couch potato generation but I think a young healthy male would be doing 20 pull ups within a week of training.
    The difference is, men are taught and expected to maintain or improve their physical strength, where as our idea of fitness for women is fitting into a size 3. Personally I think that if a woman thinks she can handle the job, and can meet the physical standards she should have a shot. I disagree with lowering standards for women, a flack and a rifle wiegh the same regardless who carries it. But, I think if girls are taught to throw overhand and allowed too tackle, many more would be closer to where they need too be in training.

Absolutely agree the standard for women should not be lowered! There may be a few that will qualify, certainly would rather work with a female who was mentally tough and had the will and determination to get the job done than a weak minded and weak willed male.
    Will power is a major component but, all things being equal, a man will have superior physical strength and endurance.
    We have thousands of years of world records and Olympic records and I am unaware of this one year where the 100m track and field female record holder beat the male record holder time.
    Men will always run faster, jump higher, lift heavier.

I worked as a beach lifeguard for 6 years here in the Gulf Coast. I was better than many young males but that was only because they were lame, pot smokers, lazy and did not want to train hard.

The males who had the same attitude as me?:
    Superior in every way - except talking to the public. :)

When I watch mma or boxing:
    The men's matches are by far showing greater power, intensity and speed than the women.
    Same for surfing competitions.
    When I was 15 surfing was a no no for girls ( I did boogie boarding ).
    Now, girls are killing in the waves and earning an income surfing and competing professionaly.
    But you watch the women's heats and they are good and do the same tricks as the men but the girls are almost performing in slow motion compared to the guys.

Having said that, I have an outstanding example of female Big wave surfing ( which is a different animal than smaller waves ).

Top Bottom