• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just-a-man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After posting on the forumn about being new to concealed carry and asking opinions of holsters oneshot offered up his services with his concealed carry class and said I could see/try on his holster and see if I could find a good fit. Well I decided to take him up on it and was up there bright and early to start the day off.

First off anyone that has not met Oneshot in person is truly missing out on getting to know a great individual who knows more about guns then I could wish to know. He teaches an awesome class and has some great hand outs you can take home with you for a quick glance in the future. You can tell his class is structured so you know you are not going to miss out on anything. Covered laws and theoretical scenarios and general dos and donts. Covered semi automatics and revolvers in good detail. Even taking them apart to show you the mechanical functions of each. Shows you techniques and drills you can take home to practice speed reloading and clearing jams and common issues will firing in a fast tactical manner. Walks you through some slow motion drills to practice muscle memory on how to respond to an aggressive person who Is a threat. Then we went to the range (which is not a clay pit) and practice everything we just learned. He did an excellent job breaking everything down into baby steps and building off of them once you got the concept. Would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to learn.

I feel like I have gained a friend in the process. I will definitely be back to shoot again. I will make sure to bring plenty of ammo.

Thanks again JJ and can't wait to shoot and learn more again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks guys , just want to make such when you leave you leave with something that will help you survive a encounter. Sense I have been there and know what it is like. See sawman some one likes me. just my 5 cents jj

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes jj is a legend, I would be willing to bet he drinks Dos Equis when he drinks beer.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will be the bearer of a tankard of sweeeeeeeeet teeeeeeeeea.
    Everyone likes you jj. I just happen to like you covertly.
    You teach a good class. Full of real world info. Makes people think. It's all good. --- SAWMAN

Just-a-man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah exactly what sawman said. A real work class full of real world information that keeps you thinking.

I look forward to going back up there for sure. Thanks again JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    DOUBLE DITTO'S THERE BUDDY.. I went with a Good friend and 2 inlaws(one a woman)..........WOW.... My buddy now has his wife and friends planning. DO NOT MISS A CLASS WITH JAY/ONESHOT

AND i ALREADY HAD A CARRY PERMIT... do not let that stop you. I learned a whole,whole Lot more than I expected.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ??...ok....

who gives a shit about hair....

??

or is that your Point?

I need another cup of coffee SAWMAN.

SAWMAN... ? Are you kinda resident 6.8 officanado? IF so ... 6.8 or 6.5 grendel ? Your perspective After the usaArmy is going to use 6.8?

Thanks

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Any and all questions re. the 6.8SPC or II should be directed to Frank. He has owned one longer than most if not all here.
    BUT . . . he charges a nominal "consulting" fee. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: The US army is not going to EVER use the 6.8SPC. They are a tiny bit smarter than that.

Last edited:

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have reccommended family and friends... THEY HAVE ALL THANKED ME... They then bring family and friends.. Down to Earth,Practical,FUN.LOTS OF SHOOTING.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Does he have a drive up window at his place ?? I basically just want to be able to stay in my car,drive up under a shaded roof,pay him $6.50,have him "bless" me,and drive off with my state cert.
    I already know waaaaay too much for anything else. I do not want any more training . . . EVER !! --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Does he have a drive up window at his place ?? I basically just want to be able to stay in my car,drive up under a shaded roof,pay him $6.50,have him "bless" me,and drive off with my state cert.
    I already know waaaaay too much for anything else. I do not want any more training . . . EVER !! --- SAWMAN

Are you asking for your wife? Lol

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sawman the 6.8 is being used by some specialized units and more are coming on

Hey JJ you have a 30 minute course for a license? I already know it all but my wife wants a license, I taught her how to shoot already

Top Bottom