• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you're totally cool with it? THEFT isn't by force?

Again you make incorrect ASSumptions. There are underlying issues and/or potential charges that are not addressed in your article but none of it is Use of Force. Stupid things the Gov. says and does would have been a better fit.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ill stop.

I've provided plenty of examples of grievous behaviors by some police officers. I know you were just looking for cases where you could easily defend the officer by saying the black kid deserved what he got, but the problems with some police officers are indeed serious, the root causes are complex, and the fact that most Americans wish to ignore it has given rise to the kneeling protests in the NFL, NBA and and many more places.

No, you don't need to stop posting those items you feel strongly about. Just start your own Thread, as its been recommended several times so I can ignore them. You can bait yourself and take pleasure with your response: Win:Win.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    theft implies PD "owned" the drugs.....like they bought them..

they seized them, via drug laws, and the officer "took" them, as he had keys most likely...
    no force there.

so arrest him for possession, not theft
    The drugs were under lock and key. He stole them.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is what "Run over" looks like:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kqz4FYGRRbw
    you can read about it if you click the Vid title.

This is what "Blocking" looks like. Of interest: during first attempt to Block suspect to Left: Officer hit curb and blew Front Left tire. You will see some swerving/steering issues. Second attempt to Block leads to suspect attempting to run/cross in front of moving Patrol Car but impacts right front/fender. A Second Officer arrives ant tries to restrain suspect who resists. Driver Officer joins in attempt to restrain Suspect who refuse to comply and only submits when threatend that a Tazer will be used if he doesn't comply. Suspect asked if he wants medical attention and responds :Yes. Suspect is assisted standing and sits on curb, smokes a cig provided be a spectator (WTF?). Officer drives broken squad to a parking lot where there is some discussion on the event.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrsPqq3pj8

Officer fired, His Former Dept requested GBI investigate the incident. He was hired by another Dept already.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The second video looked more like a hit than a block to me but I understand your point.

the first video was intense. I am assuming the officer was cleared for his actions.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The second video looked more like a hit than a block to me but I understand your point.

the first video was intense. I am assuming the officer was cleared for his actions.

Should be: she was shooting at them.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Case of Harith Augustus, shot and killed by Chicago PD. Another event that sparked instant protest and violence. There is a ACLU/CPD Settlement that outlines Investigatory Stops and Protective Pat Down. LEOs say their observations of bulge and actions by suspect justified the initiation of a Stop. Suspects reaction and attempted action led to officers response. Suspect was not CC licenced and no mention of a police record either.

Protests
    https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/...e-police-shooting-slideshow-wp-184844097.html

The Cop Cam. Watch for suspect Harith Augustus' first draw attempted (high elbow) at -17, stop frame full view of gun, holster, spare mag, then another attempt to draw at -10. Note: Timer counts down not up.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...oting-videos-augustus-20180717-story,amp.html

After a clear bodycam vid is released, protests continue but have calmed down. However, there focus has only changed to 1. Why LE approchaed Augustus in the first place and 2. That the (violent) protesters were treated badly by responding LE. (Sorry-LMFAO).

I don't need to list Chicago murder and shooting crime stats. IMHO: Getting an unlawfully armed person off the streets is a good thing (I don't like the permit thing but its the law). Augustus chose his exit path.

From what's been officially released its a justifiable use of deadly force.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    4 Shots fired, pretty clear the officer was intent on killing the man regardless. The same officer was involved in another fatal shooting just over a month ago, don't know the specifics of that shooting.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Blue on blue shootings are a topic that has concerned me for a while. Thanks for posting this article there are some lessons to be learned from this event.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dead Good Guy (DGG) was reported as having hearing problems, so he may not have heard LE commands. Even so, only one Officer fired when DGG moved toward Officers while raising a hand with a flashlight (on?): a justifiable threat to those facing him? It's more common then not for multiple officers facing a threat, that once a shot is fired: other officers also engage that threat. Only one Officer perceived a threat? Remember, the Officers heard shots after arriving so "ALL" should have been keenly aware of threat potential but only one fires.

I need bodycam and audio on this one.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also fly an American Flag on its dedicated flagpole 24/7 (lighted) in my front yard. Should I post a pic of that also ?? --- SAWMAN
    Most people that fly the American flag unfortunately actually disrespect it by not using the proper protocol and etiquette that is required. We do not have a king or the like to bow down to in this country, but we have our flag to show our respect to.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I guess it helps to know someone, but maybe not always. My brother in law would not be any help at all. Years ago I often spoke with him about political and liberty based concepts. We had a lot of discussions about the 1st Amendment, tons about the 2nd, a good bit about the 4th, 5th and 10th. Once he graduated the academy and got hired, it took him about two months to pull a 180 on the 4th, 5th and 10th Amendments, and developed several anti-2A positions. He is very impressionable and I had the wheels turning very smoothly in his head in a Liberty based direction. Seems someone, or many someones, has turned them in the other direction.

Just being on the job will do this. I did 10 years and luckily was able to switch careers. I did not realize how much it was affecting me until years later. You only see the worst of humanity, every day, 13 to 14 hours a day. It affected every part of my life. Only friends I had were other LEOs. You go to a party with your wife and people find out what you do and suddenly you are a pariah, so now it is affecting your wife's work life and social circle, which ads to the stress of her already wondering if you are coming home each night. Everyone is a bad guy. You trust absolutely no one (I still struggle with this). It took me a year of personal effort just to clean up my potty mouth and cut down on the gallows humor, which was hurting me professionally at my new job, and I found out later it was a defense mechanism to the horrors I had seen (suicides, vehicular fatalities, etc.). You become numb to violence because it is what you see all day every day. You forget every once in awhile people are not all scumbag all the time, and may even be innocent once in awhile. My decade was the 90s and we were much more "protect and serve" than the more recent "all tactical all the time". The stuff I see today just confounds me, for instance the cops shooting out their windshield and side window at another vehicle while driving past schools and neighborhood houses. We would have been fired instantly. Common question in an after action investigation involving officer shootings was "what was your backstop"? You don't let off rounds in that situation unless you are pinned down and have absolutely no alternative. Tunnel vision does happen however and our adrenaline desire "to catch that bad guy" does sometimes take over. Another case which confounded me was the gentleman shot and murdered in his doorway. He had been the victim of a swatting call and everything I have seen is blaming the person who made the swatting call. What was drilled into us was YOU and only YOU are responsible for the rounds you send downrange and you better be damn sure cause you can't pull them back. IMHO the officer who pulls the trigger has to be held accountable. I could go on about trigger pull weight and why LEOs shouldn't have a 6lb trigger but I will stop here. My brother was an ER trauma nurse (now a nurse prac) and we have some pretty intense discussions also. Thank you for your POV.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^ I know the gallows humor and harsh language doesn't fit in many social situations. Most people seperate the "work person" from off duty time seamlessly, just like not cussing in front of your Mother or children. If just "being LE" was adverse to some social groups/settings that speaks volumes about them and they are not worthy of your Family's time.

Your spot on about trust issues and we tend to carry the stress home along with the "at work attitude". These things can break a marriage and alienate children if not kept in check.

Top Bottom