• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    300 Blackout SBR, Ark30 suppressor, 108gr USGI frangible bullet, subsonic.

Figured I'd post pics this time so Sawman would believe me.

DSCN3318.JPG DSCN3317.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3317.JPG
      DSCN3317.JPG
      201.5 KB · Views: 624
    • DSCN3318.JPG
      DSCN3318.JPG
      190.9 KB · Views: 655

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looks like those would be perfect for the critters that surely inhabit that nursery. Wish we could get permission to hunt that at night. If they do exit a bigger animal like a 25# coon,they wouldn't have much left to 'em.
    Maybe start a guide service ?? Yeah Bruce . . . that's your "calling". Heck,Stanley would come just for the extra protein. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The M160 frangible bullets do exit armadillos, but do break up when hitting metal.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had one move into my yard this week. Already flooded and buried two burrows but nothing came out. I think the bastard is up under my back deck (which is only about 4 inches off the ground). Sitting out tonight waiting for him to show his head so I can blow it off. As I am in a residential neighborhood, I am using a .177 pellet gun.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've had one move into my yard this week. Already flooded and buried two burrows but nothing came out. I think the bastard is up under my back deck (which is only about 4 inches off the ground). Sitting out tonight waiting for him to show his head so I can blow it off. As I am in a residential neighborhood, I am using a .177 pellet gun.

Good luck. I've been at war with them for years.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I never saw him come out, so I ordered a trap from Amazon. It shows up on my front porch on Sunday morning. As I go out to retrieve it, I see my armadillo -- tits up in the middle of the street. Someone have saved me the trouble.

Just on a hunch, I set the trap anyway. In the week I have had it out, I have caught a possum, another armadillo and, last night, a raccoon. The coon's execution is scheduled for later this morning.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I never saw him come out, so I ordered a trap from Amazon. It shows up on my front porch on Sunday morning. As I go out to retrieve it, I see my armadillo -- tits up in the middle of the street. Someone have saved me the trouble.

Just on a hunch, I set the trap anyway. In the week I have had it out, I have caught a possum, another armadillo and, last night, a raccoon. The coon's execution is scheduled for later this morning.

Raccoons are a chicken's nightmare. We caught on in the hen house after it had killed 2 hens. My wife ordered the execution.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    26th armadillo killed 10 minutes ago. 300 Blackout SBR, suppressed, subsonic USGI 108gr frangible bullet. Taking out some trash in the dark, carrying my hand held thermal when I spotted it. Ran in the house, got the SBR, loaded it, turned on its thermal and went back out. It had moved about 10yd in the meantime. Boy does this dillo stink! Will remove the body in the morning.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You could be called the Dillo Driller. I've had a life long battle with them myself . As a teenager I got paid $1 a tail by one of the larger grove owners for ever one I turned in , that kept me in 22 shells . As an adult I hunted them in my own groves it seem that no matter how many you kill there are always more the next night you go looking for them. I don't think its possible to totally eliminate them.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    You could be called the Dillo Driller. I've had a life long battle with them myself . As a teenager I got paid $1 a tail by one of the larger grove owners for ever one I turned in , that kept me in 22 shells . As an adult I hunted them in my own groves it seem that no matter how many you kill there are always more the next night you go looking for them. I don't think its possible to totally eliminate them.

Just think of how many you could have taken had you had themal!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Been going out before bed for a week now trying to get the new dillo tearing up the yard. Didn't go out last night due to rain. This morning when I went to feed the goats, I found dillo(s) had plowed the goat pen.

DSCN3394.JPG DSCN3396.JPG DSCN3397.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3394.JPG
      DSCN3394.JPG
      82 KB · Views: 332
    • DSCN3396.JPG
      DSCN3396.JPG
      83.1 KB · Views: 310
    • DSCN3397.JPG
      DSCN3397.JPG
      85.1 KB · Views: 319

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looks to me like goat rooting. Any goats with muddy noses ??
    Put up a game camera. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I asked the goats and non appeared guilty or even looked away when I asked. They claimed to all be their dog houses during the rain last night, which would have been normal behavior...they avoid rain, coming from arid areas of Africa.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    5 minutes ago, I got it. Shined a light on it as I wasn't positive it was a dillo. It was and ran under my shed. I waited, it came out, and pop I got it. 28th armadillo confirmed kill. Ruger American Ranch Rifle, 300 Blackout, subsonic M160 frangible bullet, suppressed, FLIR thermal. Sawman, I could see the blood come out with the thermal this time.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Way to go Bruce. I have a sticky note on my fridge to bring you a few more.
    I really believe that you ought to lobby that nursery down the road hard to get in. They gotta be tore up with them.
    (I could bring them some also) ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom