Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    45 ACP
    I got my first one a few days ago. Noticed these weird wide shallow holes in my yard, asked my nearest neighbor what was making the holes, then seen him about dusk. Took him with 12 ga. #8 shot. My wife told me to be careful handling them as they carry leprosy??!

Quote Originally Posted by M60Gunner View Post
    I got my first one a few days ago. Noticed these weird wide shallow holes in my yard, asked my nearest neighbor what was making the holes, then seen him about dusk. Took him with 12 ga. #8 shot. My wife told me to be careful handling them as they carry leprosy??!
    I read there was a study done in Florida a few years ago and something like 58% of the armadillos tested had the bacteria that causes leprosy (fairly easy to treat with antibiotics). When I kill one, I only pick it up to dispose of wearing gloves. I then set that pair of gloves aside and don't use them for several days or a week or more...even better is to set the gloves out in the sun several days. The heat and UV rays kill bacteria germs.

PS Following my regimen of handling with gloves, I've never caught any disease. I carry them by the tail, that way any blood also doesn't get on my gloves.

45 ACP
    dillo dillo!!!

4. Likes reel_crazy's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Daezee View Post
    Sawman catches them at his deer lease and releases them at my little farm.
    he is conducting breeding tests
    John 15:13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

You live and learn or you don't live long....

45 ACP
    I hear you can get rid of Dillos permanent like buy pouring straight Pine Sol down their tunnel. Their nose is really sensitive and they hate the stuff. I'm gonna give it a try.

mothballs work too
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

1) You have to find the burrow.

2) What prevents the dillo from digging another burrow?

I've only found 2 burrows on my 3 1/2 acres in 10 years.

9. Likes Daezee's Post:

FLT

45 ACP
    Excellent point sir. I am out at all hours trying to get him and getting frustrated cause he is never out when I am lol (0200, 0400, 0430, 0600, etc.). The burrow hole is large and is on the North side of my property right at the fence between my place and one of the cotton fields I have as neighbors.