DK Firearms

Did Florida law 02/27/16 also ban firing black powder guns, in your yard ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I agree Wildrider. Just as I did in the past, when it was perfectly legal here in Florida, I still had a sheriff come to my home and give me an OK in person. I would not do any different now. Before I fire my black powder guns on my property, a law enforcement officer will have to come here and OK it first. Just posted here, in case someone had a quick answer. I wouldn't have just taken anyone's word for it anyway, I was just hoping to hear "No problem! That law excludes, as a defined "Firearm" as stated, unless used in a crime-then they fall into the "Firearm" category. Or, to sadly read that a Florida resident here already called the local law and found out for sure that a muzzleloader is included as a firearm and the statement made in that law, that "The term “firearm” does not include
    an antique firearm unless the antique firearm is used in the
    commission of a crime" means nothing.
    I just need to get on the phone and ask and if the law says it's OK, then have them come here anyway, as I did last time.
    Thanks for all the well meaning, reasonable replies from everyone. I will post again, when I have a conclusive answer from the local law officials.

I hope you talk to someone who knows what they are talking about... I overheard one of our deputies give out WRONG information a few days ago concerning back yard shooting... I wanted to CHOKE her...lol.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope you talk to someone who knows what they are talking about... I overheard one of our deputies give out WRONG information a few days ago concerning back yard shooting... I wanted to CHOKE her...lol.

There is the problem. Not all LEOs are aware of the exact law.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is the problem. Not all LEOs are aware of the exact law.

Anyone who possesses basic reading comprehension skills should understand it as written... (not directed at you) the law was nothing more than a smoke and mirror attempt to reiterate the responsibilities of gun owners who shoot in or around confined areas. The law most definitely has many thinking in ways previously posted.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Send a E-mail to your County Prosecutor's Office asking for clarification: Is a "Antique Firearm" totally exampt from the Statute or if firing a antique firearm on residential property constitutes a crime therefore changing it categorization from "Antique Firearm" to "Firearm" and inclusive in Charging under the Statute. They work for you.

Now that's proper advise. BUT a common sense answer is if you are not allowed to fire a weapon in your backyard, why risk it and push the boundaries of a BP (which I would interpret as a firearm, newer versions). We had a case where a felon had a BP rifle but was found it was considered a firearm because it was an inline new version. A Dav Crocket BP would be hunky dorey.

Top Bottom