• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went on a date with my wife this afternoon to see Dunkirk. Awesome movie. Money well spent. It helps to get the senior citizen discount.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I haven't been to a movie theater in years and have sworn off ever going again but I may make an exception with this movie. I've heard that the French are upset with this movie because it didn't portray their involvement in the evacuation. Oh well, c'est la vie... :Cry:

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw it last night. The good music score and the way in which it was filmed were quite good. I recommend seeing it on the big screen to get the desired affect.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just saw it a couple nights ago and thought it was awesome too. To my shame I'm not much of a historian but it's movies like this that make me want to be more of one.

substratum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went on a date with my wife this afternoon to see Dunkirk. Awesome movie. Money well spent. It helps to get the senior citizen discount.

What did your bride think of the movie? My wife tends to not like historically-based war movies (rooted in the fact that she had a High School friend killed in the earlier skirmishes leading up to the Battle of Mogadishu portrayed in the movie, Black Hawk Down). Thinking it may be a dad and son movie.

Last edited:

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Saw this movie last night and was very impressed. It did really well telling the story of the evacuation without the blood and gore of the typical war epics.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What did your bride think of the movie? My wife tends to not like historically-based war movies (rooted in the fact that she had a High School friend killed in the earlier skirmishes leading up to the Battle of Mogadishu portrayed in the movie, Black Hawk Down). Thinking it may be a dad and son movie.
    My wife thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, she invited me to go, and paid for the movie and lunch as well. She wasn't real familiar with the story so I told her what little I knew from reading about it when I was much younger. You gotta understand, her Dad was a WW II Navy veteran and her first ex-husband was retired Navy, so she ain't completely unfamiliar with what goes on in a war. It's not the first war movie we've seen together.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I heard that also AND....imo It did show the French taking a beating holding off the Germans. It was Not given much time BUT I understood how much they helped. That said . Maybe I looked for it as I had heard that Before watching.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was worth seeing but I was hoping for a more historical account of the situation, the events leading up to the battle and more about the actual evacuation. I mainly saw two guys trying to get off the beach but jinxing every boat they got on. But again, it is well worth watching.

RH

Latest posts

Top Bottom