• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got me a new gunnnnn...... two actually but this post is for my new to me(looks new altogether) Knight TK2000 12ga bp Shotgun.
    Anyone have any advice/experience with these? I know I've gotta order some of the plastic 209 holders from knight but I can't wait to shoot this thing. I love black powder and plan to rabbit/squirrel hunt with it.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not to pass judgement, but maybe you've had little experience with squirrels and 12ga shotguns. Yes it will definitely ruin a squirrel, If you're on top of one when you shoot it.
    With a 12ga, you don't see how close you can get to a squirrel before shooting it, but rather shoot it at a distance. It's the difference between eating or murder (wasting meat). The majority of my squirrels only had a few pellets in them, usually only 1 pellet, 3 tops. Can't recall but only a few squirrels that I messed up with a 12ga as a kid, but still had half the meat left to eat. But I was still learning when I did that.
    My dad used to make the best bbq squirrel sauteed in a black-iron skillet you ever ate. I didn't get that many rabbits, but my dad did. He used a 12ga and a beagle. He never messed up a rabbit either. But then again, that was back in a time when it wasn't as much a sport as it was to put food on the table. Maybe that's the difference nowadays?
    Good luck with your 12ga muzzle loader, they're a hoot to shoot.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never had trouble with a regular 12 as long as you know the distance and don't use to tight a choke. I haven't shot this bp gun yet to know what it'll do

Top Bottom